Thread: Any One Else Having This Problem?

deer dude

Default Any One Else Having This Problem?

07 pantera,it seems my cable is not feeding into the draw mod.the way it should and its eating the cable up. just put on a new string and cable cause the first one got ate and put a new mod.on and less than 20 shots later you can tell its starting to do it again.pretty fed up with martins about now.this is my first one.love the way it shoots but not going to continue putting new strings and cables on it every month.im going to a shop later this morn.if any one has an answer to my problem please let me know as soon as possible.

rugerman1963

Default cable guard

sounds to me your cable guard is over to much so the string isnt tracking right

deer dude

Quote Originally Posted by rugerman1963 View Post
    sounds to me your cable guard is over to much so the string isnt tracking right
    i had it in the shop today and they said the guard looked fine where it was at,so i dont know. sure is a pain. i guess i can rotate the guard a bit and see what that does.

deer dude

my son was over today and we looked my bow over,seems if you apply pressure to one side of the cam the cable will slide over to the middle of the mod.(where it should be) but also doing this i discovered there was a hell of a twist in the bottom limb.which means this bow has a severe case of cam lean or the cam or limb is bent.(just great) how many more weeks will i not be able to shoot a new bow that i havent even got probably a hundred shots through? how do you fix cam lean? will it have to go back to the factory?should have went with the ross -331.sorry for the slam ,but im pissed.

deer dude

i talked to joel today and hes doing every thing in his power to get the problem corrected,must say it was nice to talk to some one on the customer service side of things that dont give you the run around.actually couldnt beleive all he was doing to fix the problem.i really like this bow ,but i want to shoot it like all the time.(i shoot this bow in my sleep) it hurts when i cant but hopefully soon she will be back a rockin.

cdfirefighter1

joel is one of the best.. he will get it fixed for ya in no time..

Post Thanks / Like

I see you posted this on AT too. I see that they are basically replacing the bow--all except the riser. May I say that you are finding out what customer service is all about. You may have had this problem with any other bow and not gotten as good a response from the factory, or as quickly.

I hate to see this happen to anybody, but two things come to mind. Cam-Lean (limb twist) can be a problem with any single cam bow. The shorter the bow the more prevalent it can be. Not just with the MPro cam. How the company handles the repair is what sells future bows.

Just some food for thought, but this is just one more reason I like the Nitrous X cams. Zero cam lean at rest and throughout the draw cycle. And all things being equal I can achieve the same speeds at 5-7# less draw weight, which means my old shoulders might last a while longer.

deer dude

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I see you posted this on AT too. I see that they are basically replacing the bow--all except the riser. May I say that you are finding out what customer service is all about. You may have had this problem with any other bow and not gotten as good a response from the factory, or as quickly.

I hate to see this happen to anybody, but two things come to mind. Cam-Lean (limb twist) can be a problem with any single cam bow. The shorter the bow the more prevalent it can be. Not just with the MPro cam. How the company handles the repair is what sells future bows.

Just some food for thought, but this is just one more reason I like the Nitrous X cams. Zero cam lean at rest and throughout the draw cycle. And all things being equal I can achieve the same speeds at 5-7# less draw weight, which means my old shoulders might last a while longer.
    your totally correct,i never expected to receive this kind of customer service. i thought about trying the nitrous cams out but never having a dual cam bow i was worried about timing issues and not being able to draw as much weight ,which i have found out now that you can get the same fps.with lighter draw weight with them.so im thinking maybe later down the road i might just order a bow with dual cams, A MARTIN OF COURSE!

Elk4me

Quote Originally Posted by deer dude View Post
    your totally correct,i never expected to receive this kind of customer service. i thought about trying the nitrous cams out but never having a dual cam bow i was worried about timing issues and not being able to draw as much weight ,which i have found out now that you can get the same fps.with lighter draw weight with them.so im thinking maybe later down the road i might just order a bow with dual cams, A MARTIN OF COURSE!
    Let me tell ya Deer Dude , I just traded my Pantera for a 06 Slayer X this is my 1st nitrious cam bow and it is alot different. It is a 65# DW max and I am only shooting it at 50# very fast bow but a bear to draw compaired to the M-Pro cam! But if ya want speed that is good at lower DW this is the ticket!