Thread: Install leaches in a Bengal?

oktx

Default Install leaches in a Bengal?

Can you put them in the string without a press. I heard you can backout the limb bolts? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a pretty good trick. Do you have a shooting buddy, wife or someone that can put them in? All you have to do is draw the bow to full draw and let them do it. At full draw there is very little pressure on the string.

Before you do it mark the string with a black marker as to about whre you want them. Once in the string you can always just slide them up or down a bit.

smarpo

Why not just put whiskers in instead, they work better and will last a lot longer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smarpo View Post
    Why not just put whiskers in instead, they work better and will last a lot longer.
    Yes, he could do that, too. I would take issue with the longesvity though. My experience is that the original Leeches were a real pain in that they flew apart pretty easily. Then they were improved with Kevlar and still didn't last very long. The newer "Super" Leeches being used are much better. I have some on bows a couple years now and they last much better. Haven't had to replace any and I do a heap of shooting.

I do believe that cat-whiskers are a tad more quiet, but that's because they are heavier and slow the bow down more. The end result is similar to shooting a heavier arrow. I guess I shouldn't say similar, but the same. Weight on the string, whether it be rubber or arrow has the same end result.

I do have to say that whiskers are a bunch cheaper.