Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 07 bengal let off

cowboysfan

Post 07 bengal let off

so joelc how can i go from a 80% let off to a 65%let off its a 07 bengal with the m pro cam thank you

cdfirefighter1

to change the let off you need to change the draw mod... say for instance you shoot an f7 it would be 80% and if it said f7/ it would be 65%.. pretty simple really to change...

cowboysfan

Default thanks

when i bought the bow it says 80% let off and it has a f7/ so is this a mistake?

cdfirefighter1

f7/ is 65% that is what is on my bow also... f7 is HL (high let off 80%).. and the f7/ is 65%... I have a couple extra f7 mods if you would like one.. they are 80%. I have checked both and the f7/ is in fact the 65%.. so if that is what you have you are set if that is the let off you are looking for...

cowboysfan

Post yes

yea that would be great i have really bad arthritis in my hands and shoulders i thought i was going to have to stop shooting

Post Thanks / Like

Your arthritis can't be that bad if you're still shooting 70#. Why don't you consider shooting less poundage and staying with the 65% mods? They will give you a slightly smoother roll-over which will be easier on the shoulders.

If your arthritis is that bad you're not helping yourself any. Just causing more wear and tear. I know. Been there and done that. Took me a long time to find out that 55-60# kills anything in North America just as dead, and with better accuracy.

cowboysfan

Default i dont

i dont shoot the 70# i only shoot 58# my bow goes to 70#

Post Thanks / Like

Understand. I have the same problems. That's why I order my bows to max out at 55#. It keeps the rigging tighter and keeps me in the higher level of efficiency. More speed for pound. Not a lot, but at 27" I need all the help I can get. Especially for 3D. For hunting I don't really care about speed. There isn't much difference in trajectory at 25 yards between 280 fps and 260 fps.

Just a thought for your future purchases.

cowboysfan

Default yea

i know what your saying i have soriatic [not sure if its spellrd right ] arthrits and it has attacked my knees hands and shouldersplus a little rumatore from familly historryim not even able to get out in the woods my self my brother and 2 friends built a little blind for me and they bring me out there when ever they can so i know where you coming from i live with pain every day too

Post Thanks / Like

Feel for ya, buddy. I can say my problems aren't that bad. I'm dealing with a bad drawing shoulder right now. Can't even draw 40# and when I can roll it over the bow is down at aboutthe 4 o'clock position and I can't lift it up. I don't have pain drawing--just no strength due to muscle atrophy in the shoulder and upper back (left side).

I'm going through a bunch of tests now, and it's pointing toward a disk problem (cervical). I get an MRI later today. So at least it looks like my problem is correctable and temporary. Just a matter of when and what to do to correct it. Surgery? Who knows? I've already had two disks repaired and fusion pnce, all within the last 17 years. So the knife doesn't scare me anymore.

Worse comes to worse I can start shooting left handed. I can draw my 55# pretty easily that way. Feels wierd, but it's just a matter of retraining the body. Besides, I'm left eye dominant and should have swapped hands 30 years ago.

Oh, and by the way----GO STEELERS !!!!!!!!! LOL.

You ever need any help just check in. I'm on here a couple times a day. Not a pro, but always willing to lend a hand.

Hey pal, wish you luck.