Thread: saber dyna cam draw mod question again

MRHAPPY

Default saber dyna cam draw mod question again

hi, i have pm joel c a few times no answere , still unclear on which draw mod is 28 inch draw on a saber dyna cam, my dealer tells me f-4 is 28 for the saber , it shows nothing on the cam chart for f-4 , thanks in advanced
    Last edited by MRHAPPY; 05-30-2007 at 02:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Try PM ing him on www.archerytalk.com

For your info, the F4 mod can be used to bary between 28" and 29" depending on which post you have the string located on. If you're a true 28" draw your better to shoot the F3 mod and at it's longest setting. This will give you better performance.

MRHAPPY

well still don't know what draw i have but put the f-3 on there and put on number 1 post and i think i gained 5-10 fps and just moved my knock point and bingo im shooting great!!! your awesome mr fisher, so what draw is this now?? lol is the aluminum draw mods better to get tight than the plastic ones, i had to put loctite on the screws cause one of the screws wouldn't tighten up

Post Thanks / Like

Moving the string to the #1 post should give you 29" draw. That is, assuming that the 3@ post is for 28". However that may be, don't get too caught up in the numbers. The important thing is how the bow fits you and how good you feel with it. If you have it where you think it feels the best then leave it alone.

A good thing to do now is to measure the AMO draw length of the bow as is for reference. Also mark the side of the cam where it passes through the limb. This will mark the cam orientation for draw length purposes in the future. If you change strings or have any string creep then you'll have an idea of what position the cam should be in for your draw length. Also measure the axle-to-axle length and brace height. Weigh the bow to see what the poundage is (no guessing). Record these measurements for future reference.

The most plausible reason you gained speed is that the draw length is longer which increases the power stroke. Also this increases the draw weight of the bow. So long as you are comfortable with it and your arrows are spined for the weight you should be in good shape.

In reality you are better off having the bow this way as you are shooting at the max draw length for that module which slightly increases the efficiency.

Now it's time to go have fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to add that if it were me I'd order an aluminum mod. The plastic ones usually work OK, but I'm anal about plastic on a bow. I even refuse to have a rest or sight with plastic parts.

By now you know how to change the mods so you can do it when your aluminum mod arrives.