Thread: 65%let off or 80%let off

cowboysfan

Default 65%let off or 80%let off

ok guys is there any difference in speed or power between 65% let off or 80% let off on my 07 bengal with mpro cam thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I've never checked the difference on Martin bows, but most other bows I've changed mods on are a bit faster with 65% mods on. That difference is slight though. About 4 fps.

cowboysfan

Default thanks

thanks bfisher i was just trying something and was wondering if the pain of holding the weight was worth it thanks

Post Thanks / Like

It kind of depends on several things. If you shoot a lighter draw weight like I do (53#) it's sometimes better to have 65% as it gives a slightly higher holding weight. This often times makes the bow aim more solid. Many target shooter do this. Too low of a holding weight makes you use more arm and shoulder muscles to try to stabilize the bow. This can actually wear you out more than a higher holding weight.

The biggest problem with 80% is that people tend to get a little sloppy with back tension which leads to inaccuracies. It's not a trait of the bow, but of the shooter. The other thing is that if your draw length is slightly too long and you anchor tight into your face you can actually put some torque in the string where it contacts the face.

I kinda have the best of both worlds. I shoot the Nitrous X cams and they are supposed to be 75%, but at my shorter draw length I usually get right around 70% to 71% letoff.

Just some things to think about.

cowboysfan

Default thanks

thank you very much i think ill stay with the 65% let off