Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Backyard Trailcam Pictures. September is around the corner!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Backyard Trailcam Pictures. September is around the corner!

I placed my trail cam out back to see who's strolling by. I DO NOT hunt my backyard. It's a good way of seeing my future supper on the hoof. One might have the Honor of meeting my Rytera Nemesis up close and personal. . The trail cam goes down two weeks before the season starts to make things all good. If That 4 pointer gets a little more bigger, he'll end up in the freezer. But I know there's more to out there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Default Forgive me Father for I would sin...

Forgive me, but old deer are great for big antlers and probably all the wildlife management stuff, but young deer are just great to eat.
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peace View Post
    Forgive me, but old deer are great for big antlers and probably all the wildlife management stuff, but young deer are just great to eat.
    Yes, but that's why he created does. Given a few years that 4pt might be bigger than his ole man.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

You said you dont hunt your backyard as if doing that was a bad thing. If I had deer like that in my backyard, I would sit my happy butt on a lawnchair next to the garage, and pop em'. The best place to doe hunt as a kid was off the garage of my parents place. Guranteed deer every year if you could shoot straight. The bathroom is 10 ft away, not hard to go in for lunch. It sounds to me like you've got it made. And if you still have a moral issue with hunting the back yard, I will come up there and give you a friendly helping hand.
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-

Post Thanks / Like

bfisher i totally agree about the does. They are the best eating if thats what your concerned with.
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-

Post Thanks / Like

Nice pics.I hunt my back yard and love it,no pressure,no worries about my cams,nobody walking by when I am sitting there,and the wife is right there to help haul it home
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Life View Post
    and the wife is right there to help haul it home
    Something about that statement just doesn't sound correct.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    Something about that statement just doesn't sound correct.
    I don't have no kids to help,like Hutch
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

It's legal where I live as I'm out in the country. I only have neighbors to my sides. If I wanted too I could stand out back and shoot a buck. I just find that boring. I didn't spend thousands of dollars in bows and guns and hunting clothing to stand behind my house. I don't get a sense of accomplishment out of it. I can only kill one deer a year. A buck the first few weeks of the hunt or a Buck or doe toward the end. I know where they come from. I would rather get geared up and make the 1 mile hike to get one of them. I did enter the Second buck tag sweeps but i didn't get picked for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ford View Post
    You said you dont hunt your backyard as if doing that was a bad thing. If I had deer like that in my backyard, I would sit my happy butt on a lawnchair next to the garage, and pop em'. The best place to doe hunt as a kid was off the garage of my parents place. Guranteed deer every year if you could shoot straight. The bathroom is 10 ft away, not hard to go in for lunch. It sounds to me like you've got it made. And if you still have a moral issue with hunting the back yard, I will come up there and give you a friendly helping hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Life View Post
    I don't have no kids to help,like Hutch
    I feel moved........NOT!
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com