Thread: Cable replacement for Martin Lynx Magnum

azshooter

Question Cable replacement for Martin Lynx Magnum

Hello all!

I have an old Martin Lynx Magnum that I'd like to start shooting again. I asked a local pro shop about getting the string changed and re-tuning the bow for me, and he told me that he could replace the string but he couldn't replace the cables. Is this shop just trying to sell me a new bow or can this be done? If so, who in AZ can do it for me? I've owned this bow since I was 14 yrs old and I won some 3D shoots with it, so its got a little bit of sentimental value to it.

Thanks!
    Chuck

BOWPRK

It can be recabled you just have to find the right cables The part number for the cable you would need is a set of 3155H I dont know if martin still has them you could call and see if they even have them anymore.Then you have to find someone who knows how to do iy in your area..............

azshooter

Question Thanks! One more ?!

Quote Originally Posted by BOWPRK View Post
    It can be recabled you just have to find the right cables The part number for the cable you would need is a set of 3155H I dont know if martin still has them you could call and see if they even have them anymore.Then you have to find someone who knows how to do iy in your area..............
    Thanks for the part #! I'll see if I can find the right cable and find another shop down here that can work on it. Do you happen to know how long the steel cables are normally good for on these older bows?

BOWPRK

Its hard to say how long they last depends on amount of shooting you do.I can tell you this there is a guy here that has a 1994 firecat with ultra sonics on it its never been recabled. It does have the heaviest cables martin used the 3157 they are just about bullet proof.