Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: my trg

Post Thanks / Like

Default my trg

Bought new exile and read everything bad about the trg and bought it anyway. After about 40 shot i have definate wear on my string. Will martin replace my trg with a cable slide? I e mailed them 2 days ago and still no reply? going to a pro shop tonite, should i just have it replaced?I double checked all the adjustments and everything seems to be in order. I think the product just puts to much side tension on the cables
    Last edited by Bromz; 08-04-2011 at 06:24 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

You should call them. I called them on Monday as I am starting to see a little wear so I asked and they are sending me a rod and slide as well as the STS string stop.

I hae at least a few hundred through mine so maybe you should also check that it is adjusted correctly. Make sure that at full draw the string is not hitting the front side catch and that the same is not happening at rest. I am also thinking about messing with the length of the TRG rod to see if I can reduce the amount of pressure that the string is placing on the TRG.
    Last edited by Sharxfan; 08-04-2011 at 06:41 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I would stop shooting it and have them send you a cable slide. The more you shoot, the more your cable will wear out. Then you will be down a few weeks for new strings and everything to be installed. If you want another exile I have one with the conversion all done and new strings sitting at home. Take my advice dont make the same mistakes I did.
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-

Post Thanks / Like

IMO replace it,have your shop call Martin and order the parts,thats what they will most likely do if you contact Martin anyway.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

BTW, I jsut checked the mail and I called on Monday and spoke to Joel and today I got the rod and STS in the mail. Talk about fast service i was not expecting it until next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone besides myself not have an issue with the TRG? I have over 1000 shots through mine and it does not show any signs of wear on the strings. I keep the strings waxed extremely good with bowning wax xcelerator. That seems to work great. If there are those who have not had any problems, please speak up. I can't be the only one, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

My friend's ridge hunter isn't showing MAJOR signs of stress on his string... he has probably 200 shots out of his... they look a little bit "fuzzy" but every time he shoots he waxes his strings up with reg. bohning wax...and it seems to be alright...
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

Post Thanks / Like

I have probably ~200 or so through mine and no signs of excessive wear on the string. The TRG has some wear spots but I am working on those. I mainly wanted to get rid of the SOS so that is why I got the rod and slide combo and also just in case it gets worse.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kylecurtis04 View Post
    Has anyone besides myself not have an issue with the TRG? I have over 1000 shots through mine and it does not show any signs of wear on the strings. I keep the strings waxed extremely good with bowning wax xcelerator. That seems to work great. If there are those who have not had any problems, please speak up. I can't be the only one, lol.
    Mine has about 1200-1500 on it with a little wear,I keep it waxed good.With all the TRG troubles,just gets in your mind.I will wait till after hunting season to change it over,as I have it dialed all in and don't want to mess with it.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Did I make a mistake in buying a Martin Silencer?

Maybe I should of read more on the TRG as it seems there are a heck of a lot of complaints about it.

My bow should be here in a few days. What should I do to not have any troubles with the TRG???

What is this replacement thing they are talking about and who would do the work to replace the TRG and how does this affect the rest of the bow?

Ugghhhhhh...my 1st Martin and I'm already having second thoughts.