Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: my trg

Post Thanks / Like

Default silencer

j-no,I have owned my Silencer since May. It is an extremely fast,smooth,quiet one for sure. I have 0 wear from the trg. When I first bought it,I made absolutely sure that it wasn't too far forward or back and tweaked it ever so slightly,and no problems at all. I just purchased a Firecat 360 and did the same. I've shot the two of them twice daily getting ready to hunt. Again,no problems. I am a little OCD,but I foresee many years of fun with them. You will love your Silencer. If I can be of any help,just let me know. Tom.
    2011 Onza 3,30"@62. Black and beautiful.
    2011 Pse Revenge,30"@65#,Tommy Hogg,Code Red Ripcord,12" Doinker A Bomb,Maximas,100 gr Pse F 15's.330grains@324fps!!!!!!!
    2011 Firecat 400 black,30"@60#,copper john battleaxe,Qad,
    2011 Barnett Ghost CRT 400,for when my back goes out,which is getting to be a commonality now,lol.
    2005 Whisper Creek Stealth,28"@60,still in original box! I'm a little late on this one,lol!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tom.

I really don't know much about the technical aspects about bows. I just take it to the shop (Cabelas) and they set it up and I shoot it.

Is there something I should be telling the Cabelas people besides what you've stated, "wasn't too far forward or too far back" ?

Did you serve that area at all?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j-bo View Post
    Thanks Tom.

I really don't know much about the technical aspects about bows. I just take it to the shop (Cabelas) and they set it up and I shoot it.

Is there something I should be telling the Cabelas people besides what you've stated, "wasn't too far forward or too far back" ?

Did you serve that area at all?
    J-Bo. I have had no issues with my TRG eating at my strings I have just over 1,000 shots. I use Bowning Xcelerator wax and it works great. Just make sure you keep the cables well waxed that pass through the TRG. As far as serving, I have heard of people using old bowstring to serve the cables that pass through the TRG. I have also heard of people using Halo .014 serving and having success with it. I am not sure if the Halo will eat away at the plastic TRG or not. Maybe someone else will chime in and let us know. Also, I am not really sure why others are having unfortunate outcomes with the TRG. I dont' want to make assumptions, but I wonder if they do keep it properly waxed or not. Not trying to call anyone out, just thinking of possibilities. I have also heard that the 2nd generation of the new 2011 are better bows because the cams do not have the rough, sharp edges and the TRG has not been eating any strings. That is what I heard from AT though. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Default TRG No Problems

I have a Martin Firecat 360 with trg and have had no problems after about 3000 shots .
    I regulary wax the string in the trg area with xcelerator wax and just use ordinary wax on the rest of the string.
    The string is not frayed but only looks a bit flat where it contacts the trg.
    So don't worry be happy use xcelerator wax and enjoy your new bow.

Post Thanks / Like

Very happy Silencer owner. Few hundred shots so far with zero cable wear.
    I do wax the cables very regularly.

Also I was told (by someone who knows their stuff) very definitely not to serve the cables as the serving roughs up the actual trg face which will cause wear on the cable.

This link explains how to get the right 'forward/back' position for the TRG
    http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/...achmentid=2586

Post Thanks / Like

Default Silencer with TRG

double post
    Last edited by ozbillb; 08-08-2011 at 01:42 AM.
    Silencer, Nemesis and an AX awaiting some surgery

Post Thanks / Like

Well i have the 2011 exile and only 40 shots. It has been adjusted twice at the local pro shop and you can notice wear after about 10 arrows. I waxed the heck out of my string in hopes that would do it but no luck. I have to quit shooting and start all over after i get a rod and cable slide to replace the TRG. I am very dissappointed in it.

bow string 002.jpg
    bow string 001.jpg
    Last edited by Bromz; 08-07-2011 at 03:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

You sure that's not just the wax?

Post Thanks / Like

One thing to check on the TRG is that the side the cables ride along is very smooth. Some of them have a molding ridge that needs to be sanded down. A little 220 or finer sandpaper and that'll do the trick. Also, as mentioned before, Keep the cables well waxed where they go through the TRG. I have roughly 2000 shots on my FC400, 1500 on my Onza, and the cables are still in very good shape. I use the Bohning Xcellerator wax. I also made sure that the TRG was smooth as can be before I started shooting the bows.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    One thing to check on the TRG is that the side the cables ride along is very smooth. Some of them have a molding ridge that needs to be sanded down. A little 220 or finer sandpaper and that'll do the trick. Also, as mentioned before, Keep the cables well waxed where they go through the TRG. I have roughly 2000 shots on my FC400, 1500 on my Onza, and the cables are still in very good shape. I use the Bohning Xcellerator wax. I also made sure that the TRG was smooth as can be before I started shooting the bows.
    This is definitely something I am going to remember and take into consideration if/when looking at a Martin with the TRG. I am really starting to lean towards the Onza as long as I can ensure the TRG will play nice with everyone at the playground.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff