Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: my trg

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharxfan View Post
    until such times as the difficulties have been worked out
    Imho they aren't going to work it out, the trg design is just unworkable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Imho they aren't going to work it out, the trg design is just unworkable.
    Seems that there are plenty that like the TRG and are not having issues. Why do you say it's "just unworkable"? Based on what? As innovators on a lot of the current bows lines, I'd hope to believe that Martin wouldn't throw something on a bow that was "just unworkable" and would give up. However, this may be true as not everything works as designed too.

I'm on the fence of what to do. Keep the TRG on and just see what happens, keep it and try the slick strip, or just call Martin and ask for the rod/cable.
    Think maybe I should call Martin on Monday and try and get some answers straight from the horses mouth so to speak and see what their solution would be for a string stopper and/or their stance on the TRG.

I still haven't set up my silencer yet, but hunting starts in about 6 1/2 weeks and I need to start shooting!

IMO, it sounds like the TRG has merit and maybe with some type of more R&D things could work for the better.
    Last edited by j-bo; 08-13-2011 at 05:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I am currently using the TRG/SOS on mine and am monitoring it very closely. I also got the rod and STS from Martin just in case so I would not be down waiting for parts in case the string started to wear although I talked to Martin on a Monday and got the parts that Thursday so all I can say is damn the service is good.

I shot about another 40 arrows through the bow today and still no noticeable wear on the string.

Post Thanks / Like

What do you tell Martin when you call to get the cable/sts?

If you wait til you do have string wear, will Martin replace that also?

Post Thanks / Like

I just told them I noticed wear on the TRG. If I remember correctly they do not cover the string under the warranty.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j-bo View Post
    Seems that there are plenty that like the TRG and are not having issues.
    Who are these ppl you are talking about?

Why do you say it's "just unworkable"? Based on what?
    Based on experience and common sense. Not much different from the first cable guards on bows, cables running on the rod itself and wearing fast. Then slides were invented and fixed the issue.

Martin wouldn't throw something on a bow that was "just unworkable" and would give up.
    All make mistakes, even Hoyt and PSE.

IMO, it sounds like the TRG has merit
    Explain please.

Innovation usually means 'change for the sake of change', look at linux for a good example. I can't stand the wankers that scream for innovation all the time like its a benefit to anyone when all it does is cause more problems. All we need is easy to use gear that is reliable and does what is needed.

Post Thanks / Like

I think they should make their own version of the torque tamer... all they need to come up with is a slide on the trg, rather than the string gliding itself..... Bowtech has a cable roller system that has a good 3/8'' of flex to it to minimize torque, while also giving the "benefits" of extreme cable tension.... good ideas, so I am sure there are many great people out there looking at this cam lean problem, and in just a couple years there will be a definite answer... just not out there yet
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

Post Thanks / Like

ahhh sorry Bromz.
    From those photo's it looked like the cables were hard up against the front but obviously not.
    Best of luck with the swap to rod & slide

Destroyer - for what it's worth I'm one of those people who likes the TRG & has had no issues after probably 3-400 shots. (I did buy a rod and slide with the bow when I bought it just in case though )
    Silencer, Nemesis and an AX awaiting some surgery

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally Fixed!

Got the TRG removed last night and a rod and slide put on and boy what a difference. Draw was alot smoother and shot 30+ arrows so almost doubled my arrows shot with this bow and guess what? No wear at all on the string! The TRG is a good idea but needs to be scrapped until they tweak it. Put a front mount limbsaver string stop on this bow and boy is it shooting daggers. Thanks everyonefor your input.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. I have the standard rod and clearence is perfect for my fletchings. I think it is a good move for anyone having any kind of problems with the TRG