Thread: peep sight problem

vthunter

Default peep sight problem

just bought a new bengal and love the way it feels. The bow did not come draw length mods. i contacted martin waiting to hear from them. my problem is that damn peep sight. i put in but the string angle seems to steep. can't see through the hole.the peep i'm using is a tube alinging peep. any help

smarpo

Try a different peep, those tube type peeps are dangerous. If that tube breaks there goes your eye.

Kickapoo

the tube peeps are actually pretty reliable, in my opinion. The tubing does wear out and should be replaced maybe between every 3 to 4 hundred shots (someone correct me). The tubing once snapped on me and hit my eyelid. No biggie, just gotta watch out for wear on it and replace as needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kickapoo View Post
    the tube peeps are actually pretty reliable, in my opinion. The tubing does wear out and should be replaced maybe between every 3 to 4 hundred shots (someone correct me). The tubing once snapped on me and hit my eyelid. No biggie, just gotta watch out for wear on it and replace as needed.
    The tubing hit your eyelid? Gee, that sounds awfully close to the eye itself. Not good!!!!!!!!

vthunter, check out the website for Specialty Archery. They have a Super Ball Peep that has a 37 degree and instead of the usual 45 degrees. This just might be the ticket.