Thread: Bengal or Cheetah for new bow

gomez56

Default Bengal or Cheetah for new bow

I am going to purchase a new bow and will get either the Bengal or Cheetah as the M-Pro cam is much easier on my shoulder than my Hoyt. I have read lots of good things about the Bengal on different forums, but have not seen a lot about the Cheetah. I like the looks of the Cheetah but have never shot a bow quite that short before, and don't have any dealers close to try one. I have shot Hoyts at 33" and 36" and did not really notice any great difference. I do use a D-loop, so string angle will hopefully not be an issue. I appreciate any thoughts or opinions.

cdfirefighter1

the bengal, cheetah, and pantera are all basically the same bow.. the difference is the ATA cheetah being the shortest and pantera being the longest.. bengal in the middle. you really cant go wrong with any of them.. I own the bengal and it is a real nice shooting bow.. smooth on the draw, plenty fast, and little to no vibration... I believe this is what you will find with any of the 3 bows..

Post Thanks / Like

Given a choice between the bow I'd choose the Bengal simply because I don't particularly care for short bows. I have one (32") but like my 38" much better, even with my 27" draw. Just more accurate in my hands.

That being said my new hunting bow (already have it) is going to be a Pantera with Nitrous X cams.

About the shoulders. I cure that by shooting a hard cam (Nitrous) and just keeping the weight down. I get the same performance but at about 7-10 lbs less draw weight. Now, that's what I call smooth.

kevin in ohio

Default bengal or cheetah

I had the same question a little while ago. I chose the cheetah and have no regrets. This is the most accurate and smoothest bow I have ever shot. Personally I don't think size matters.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevin in ohio View Post
    I had the same question a little while ago. I chose the cheetah and have no regrets. This is the most accurate and smoothest bow I have ever shot. Personally I don't think size matters.

Oh, it absolutely does. Ask your wife (just kidding).

Seriously, I've got 32" bows and 38" bows, and have had everything in between, and even used to shoot them when 48" was considered short. The fact is that my short 32" ShadowCat does a very nice job with decent hunting accuracy. I can hold 3 1/2" groups at 40 yards on a decent day, which some guys might call incredible.

I pick up my 38" bow, which has the same cam/cable system, shoot the same arrows and cut the group size almost in half. It's no secret in the archery world that longer bows, just due the physical nature of them, are more stable shooting platforms.

That being said, I still like something in the middle for a hunting bow. About 35-36". I mostly treestand hunt, and have never been hampered by the length of the bow.

For what it's worth I'm 5'8" and 27" draw. Part of my criteria when I choose anew bow each year is length. My form is fine tuned after 35 years of compounds and the bow must fit my form. Not the other way around.

gomez56

I guess it would have been helpful to include a little more information in my original post. I have a 29" draw, and will use the bow primarily for hunting. I do use treestands, but am going more to ground blinds where the shorter ATA would be helpful. I shoot some 3-D, but am more concerned with "kill shots" than score.

hunter

I have a Cheetah and love it dead in the hand after shot. It's driving nails once I got the right arrow for my set up.. But, I have a 26 inch draw ..and you say you have a 29 inch draw ..I would think the bengal would work better for you..IMHO