Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Martin Threshold??

Post Thanks / Like

i just got the threshold adventure series package from sportmans guide. got my member discount and used a free shipping coupon and got the bow to my doorstep for $197. its my first compound so i didnt want to spend alot. the bow came with a fiber optic front sight, an arrow rest and a detachable quiver. my local bow shop did the setup for $60 including adding a peep and a loop for the release. i immediately started shooting better groupings than i ever have with my old recurve and can consistently hit the vitals chunk on my 3d deer target out to 30 yds, good for me. i am thrilled with my purchase and will be confident with my shooting when archery season starts. i couldnt find any other bow to compete with the price of the threshold. mine is adjustable from 50 to 70 lbs and the draw length from 26 to 31 inches. i have it set at 60 lbs and it is fun to shoot. i would recommend this bow to anyone wanting an entry level compound bow setup and it cost me less completely setup than i could find another bow alone without the sight,rest and quiver.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntrat View Post
    i just got the threshold adventure series package from sportmans guide. got my member discount and used a free shipping coupon and got the bow to my doorstep for $197. its my first compound so i didnt want to spend alot. the bow came with a fiber optic front sight, an arrow rest and a detachable quiver. my local bow shop did the setup for $60 including adding a peep and a loop for the release. i immediately started shooting better groupings than i ever have with my old recurve and can consistently hit the vitals chunk on my 3d deer target out to 30 yds, good for me. i am thrilled with my purchase and will be confident with my shooting when archery season starts. i couldnt find any other bow to compete with the price of the threshold. mine is adjustable from 50 to 70 lbs and the draw length from 26 to 31 inches. i have it set at 60 lbs and it is fun to shoot. i would recommend this bow to anyone wanting an entry level compound bow setup and it cost me less completely setup than i could find another bow alone without the sight,rest and quiver.
    Great to hear!! Sounds like the Threshold may be a highly overlooked piece of equipment especially at that price!! My 08 Slayer X has been a VERY accurate bow ... another reason I have a Martin in the arsenal.
    THIS SPACE IS RESERVED FOR WHEN I BECOME A STAFF SHOOTER!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

got my first bow kill with my threshold last week. arrow passed through at 25 yds. deer only made it 50 or 60 yds from point of impact. awesome bow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntrat View Post
    got my first bow kill with my threshold last week. arrow passed through at 25 yds. deer only made it 50 or 60 yds from point of impact. awesome bow.
    Which proves, once again, that for not-so-serious shooter it doesn't have to take a $1000 bow with $500 in accessories to be a successful hunter and have fun. Congrats on your new bow and on your successful hunt with it. May you have many more.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It does the job and costs less. Nice job.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Which proves, once again, that for not-so-serious shooter it doesn't have to take a $1000 bow with $500 in accessories to be a successful hunter and have fun. Congrats on your new bow and on your successful hunt with it. May you have many more.
    You're absolutely right! Stone Age people even lived without wheels on their bows for thousands of years. Some still do... Lol!