Thread: 07 Cheetah with Catawba rest

hailoffire

Default 07 Cheetah with Catawba rest

Anyone use this rest on a Cheetah or any Martin bow? If so how do or did you like it?

MADMIKE

Thumbs up

I Have The Cheetah Super Mag With The Catawba Rest.
    I Had Quick Spin Vanes And They Would Hit The Fiber Posts That Hold The Arrow. Switched To 2 Inch Blazer Vanes Straight Fletching And Love It. How Did You Come Acroos This Rest? I Dont See Alot Of Ads For It. I Got Mine Through Hunterfriend.com It Came With The Package. Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I also have the Cheetah that came with the Catawba rest on it. I could not get a good group with that rest, the arrows were going all over the target. I put on a Quicktune 3000 and my groups tightened up considerable. Found out that with carbon arrows there is too much play between the fiber posts. Tried a friends aluminum arrows which were larger in diameter and found there wasn't as much play. The Catawba rest is not adjustable as far as distance between fiber posts so you have to watch which arrows you use.

hailoffire

Mike...I got mine through huntersfriend.com too. Bowtech actually bought the rights to the catawbah and I think they call it the Hostage now. I like mine too but like Rod i'm wondering if I could get tighter groups with a more traditional rest. 15-25 yards and I am shooting pretty tight...beyond that and it gets messy. Rod...were you shooting the small diameter carbons like the A/C/C? I am shooting Maxima Hunter and Terminators with are standard diameter arrows.

Post Thanks / Like

I started shooting Beman ventures and ICS Hunters. Could not get a consistent group. Changed to Quicktune 3000 and groups tightened up to a respectable group. I am now shooting Maxima Hunters and am very pleased with groups.

MADMIKE

I Am Also Shooting Beman Ventures. I Really Have No Problem With My Grouping Up To 35 Yards- Beyond That I Really Cant See The Target.(i'm Getting Old). My Theory Is Do You Really Need All 3 Points Of Contact? Just The Bottom Should Be Good Enough To Launch An Arrow. I Think The Other 2 Posts Are For Keeping The Arrow On The Bottom Post Kind Of Like A Really Trimmed Up Wisker Bisket. If You Dont Want To Spend More Money. The Fiber Postes Are Replaceable Look Into Making A Small Shim For All The Posts.
    Go With What Ever Works And Good Luck!:d