Thread: a good day

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Default a good day

well,guys. I spent the day at my favorite pro shop. had a very good time. i shot a few bows just because. I first shot a new PSE X-force Super Short. 26" ata,29/70. the shop owner bought two for himself. decided to sell one that he didnt shoot,or even set up. i liked the bow. it was fun to shoot for awhile,but decided i really didnt want it as much as i thought. just didnt feel right,though i shot it great. heckuva deal @ $400.

next in line was an '09(?) HCA Iron Mace. 29/70,fully loaded,w HHA sight,QAD Ultra rest,octane stab,quiver/arrows. $500. this was a trade in. was offered to me for $400. that one shotgreat,too. my first impression after the first arrow was "holy $**t,that thing hits hard!". nearly 14" penetration in a new range size block target. i shot it for about 20min and was lovin every minute of it.

next was an '07 HCA Iron Mace. 29/70 bare bow. only had peep and i threw on a WB i found in the shops parts pile. again,the same wow factor. again,a hard hitting bow. i would love to get it through a chrony w my HT-2's. id bet its hittin 320's. that was in the shop as a consignment sale.been on the rack for 8mos. originally priced at $425,then dropped to $250. i got to lookin at it and noticed the finish was gone in several places. the cams were good,no lean,or dents.Barnesdale limbs looked great. strings would last through huntin season. i called the owner before i left the shop and talked about the overall condition of
    the bow,and how long it had been there. come to find out, the guy lives 1.5miles from and works at the auto glass place in town. small world! the pro shop is 35miles north. anyway, i offered him $150,and he said it sounds like a fair offer. hes supposed to call me tomorrow. i figure ill end up w it for a good price. when i do,it'll be stripped and powdercoated like the Cheetah was. black riser,realtree hardwoods green limbs. looking forward to getting it. Its a screamer!

i also took my Cheetah for a run at the range. the tech said it was a combination of the thin loop and the worn jaws on one release. my Truball Stinger,on the other hand...lol! i was adjusting the tension screw in the wrong direction. DOH! my tech,Eddie, cranked it down and i didnt have another issue with it. go figure. but, i borrowed Eddie's release to try out and really liked it. its a Trufire Edge buckle fold back. very similar in design to the Scott Shark. a dual caliper jaw, but i liked the fold back and lock feature over the flop around style. they were both within $5 of each other so i bought the Trufire Edge.

all in all a very fun relaxing day spent w a good friend and great bow tech. hopefully i end up with the Iron Mace soon. Man,that thing is amazing. NO felt recoil or handshock. ill get some pics up soon. oh, i also had a thicker loop put on just to ease my mind and take away some of the fear or beating myself up again. lol
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Hawg,
    We need pics when you get it. I cant buy anymore boys this year, the wife will skin me, so I have to live through others purchases. Sounds like a great deal, good find.
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ford View Post
    Hawg,
    I cant buy anymore boys this year, the wife will skin me, so I have to live through others purchases.
    I cant believe you said this....................!

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think buying boys is illegal!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    Stinger,on the other hand...lol! i was adjusting the tension screw in the wrong direction. DOH! my tech,Eddie, cranked it down and i didnt have another issue with it.
    So that mystery is solved, good.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up oh well

sounds like a awkward`situation fer sure ,id bet if u guys figure out the boys from the bows , i think i will understand lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

i can get the IM for $200. considering the Barnesdale limbs are $150 for a set, think imma gittin it. probably tomorrow evening.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on a great deal!! So which bow are ya sending to me?? You can't use them all at once so you need to thin the herd!!
    THIS SPACE IS RESERVED FOR WHEN I BECOME A STAFF SHOOTER!!!!