Thread: Changing Cams?

deer dude

Default Changing Cams?

ive been thinking about this,dont know if ill do it .can i change the m-pro cam out on my pantera and go with the nitrous cams on it? anybody have an idea as to what the cost would be? can a local shop do the work or will i need to send it back to martin?i know nothing about dual cams,always had single cam bows,what would be the trade off ,good or bad,going to the nitrous cams? ive been thinking about it ,so thought i would ask a few questions before doing it. one more , will the string and cable size still be the same or would i need to get new string and cable.? told ya i didnt know anything about the duals.

Elk4me

Quote Originally Posted by deer dude View Post
    ive been thinking about this,dont know if ill do it .can i change the m-pro cam out on my pantera and go with the nitrous cams on it? anybody have an idea as to what the cost would be? can a local shop do the work or will i need to send it back to martin?i know nothing about dual cams,always had single cam bows,what would be the trade off ,good or bad,going to the nitrous cams? ive been thinking about it ,so thought i would ask a few questions before doing it. one more , will the string and cable size still be the same or would i need to get new string and cable.? told ya i didnt know anything about the duals.
    Deer Dude call me like I siad in my Pm. But with the Nitrious cams they are more agressive than the M-Pro cam. The cams are DL specific and there are an A,B,C cam you will need to call Martin! I think you may need new Axles and bushings too. Your String and Cable Sz will change and you will need 1 more Cable (2) plus the string! If you goto the Shoot thru system you will need (4) cbls and (1) string and different mods that the reg Nitrious cams about $100 for the kit plus the cost of the cams.You local shop should be able to do the work , but it is pretty easy to swap cams give me a call and I can explain it too you! Timing on a dual cam is alot different than a Singile cam too, you need to get both the cams to roll over at presisely the same time or it will effect the bows preformance. I know this is alot to absorbe , but 1st you will need to call Joel or Jake to see what Base Nitrious cam you need for your bow and DL. You may also loose or gain DW depending on the Deflection and numbers on your Pantera limbs too!

deer dude

holy crap batman, i might just hang with my single cam if i dont have any more problems with the mod.eating the cable again. it was shooting fine this eve.when i got it from the shop.with deer season just 3-months out i would probably be better off at the time to plan on using the single cam until after season is over with then either changing cams or buying a new pantera with nitrous cams from martin. i may try to give you a call some time this weekend after i have shot the pantera a few more times.