Thread: Pantera

Unregistered

Default Pantera

I am considering buying a new Pantera but am concerned about the weight. It shoots great and all the reviews have said great things about it, but I was wondering if any of you pantera shooters had a hard time adjusting to its weight. I really like everything else about this bow except this. Should this discourage me or do you get used to it. Thanks.

maddog

I just started shooting the Martin Bengal and I think the weights are close between the two. Anyway the Bengal is somewhat heavier than the bow I was shooting. I must say that the weight has not been a problem as I have not noticed that much difference. The heavier bow has been more stable for me and my shooting has become more consistant. Just did a 3D shoot this past weekend and carrying it around for several hours was not all that bad. That M-Pro cam is hard to beat.

Post Thanks / Like

I will just repeat what maddog has said. Weight is not much of an issue for me either. For 3D or target I prefer a heavier bow anyway just because it settles down and aims more solidly.

For hunting I'd say you have to decide how far and how long you are going to be toting the thing around. If you're an eastern hardwoods guy that hunts from a treestand then weight shouldn't be an issue. If you hunt out west and might be covering miles and miles then it might be wise to pick something a little lighter.

When it comes down to actual numbers, though, you are talking about maybe 1# difference between the Pantera and some of the lightest bows made. I don't see that being much of an advantage over a few hundred yards to my stand.

Elk4me

the Pantera is a awsome bow I would highly recomend it. I owned one .