Thread: limb bolts truth

cowboysfan

Default limb bolts truth

is there any truth that you can back the limb bolts off enough on a 07 bengal to change the strings or limb pockets thank you

xxx
    Post Thanks / Like

Be careful when you do it. I've done it a few times and before you actually get them out you can rotate the cam and remove the string fairly easily. As always your fingers, life, blood, and skin are at risk when pressing or messing with stuff that is considered a weapon.

cdfirefighter1

Ive had mine apart this way several times.. just back them out evenly.. 1-2 turns each or the bolt threads can catch on the under side of your limb and peel the laminate a little.. other then that is it no problem to do.. works great..

cowboysfan

Default thanks guys

thank you very much guys i think i will stick to the archery shop then

LeEarl

When you back the limb bolts out just be careful to watch how far you are going. You can look into the limb bolt nut that sits in the riser to see if you are getting close to the end. If you see ANY light through the nut, STOP and you will have enough tension off the limbs to take the string and cables off. Every Martin and Rytera bow can be done this way. I have swapped and built bout 12 bows this past weekend on the couch watching TV Very easy to do, but be careful the first few you do.......