Thread: Curse you 50 pin!

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Curse you 50 pin!

I had recently moved my sight out farther from the riser. So I had to re-sight all my pins. I got to my 50 pin and just before the shot thought to myself ... I got a bad feeling about this. I should have just let down, because after that arrow left, I watched it sail right over the target off into the field. The field is better known as the "land of no return" ...

After that, got the 50 set but arrows were pulling right, vertical placement is good. Wondering if this would have anything to do with the arrow and not being able stay true for that distance. 40 is good without problems, just when I get beyond that it starts to get all funky. Would arrow spine have any effect on this?
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    Wondering if this would have anything to do with the arrow and not being able stay true for that distance. 40 is good without problems, just when I get beyond that it starts to get all funky.
    Sighting plane has changed so it might be changing the way you see. Why did yo move the sight out from the bow?
    Last edited by Destroyer; 08-05-2011 at 03:47 PM.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

In my experience I usually sight in @ the farthest distance. In my case I sight in @ 80yards. Then I sight in every pin back to 20yards. This takes out left to right traveling. It makes the arrow travel in a straight line @ a longer distance. Which causes shorter distances to be right on.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    In my experience I usually sight in @ the farthest distance. In my case I sight in @ 80yards. Then I sight in every pin back to 20yards. This takes out left to right traveling. It makes the arrow travel in a straight line @ a longer distance. Which causes shorter distances to be right on.

Hutch
    Are you fine tuning center shot through rest/pin adjustments at the distance while keeping things in line as you come to the shorter?
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Usually I set left or right and height @ 80yards. For the most part I usually don't have to touch left or right adjustments just up or down. On the sighting on 70,60,50 and so on.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

How do you know if you need a rest or sight adjustment when starting at distance? How do you get on target at that distance?
    Firecat 400