Thread: How much deflection should there be at brace on 14" mag limbs?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How much deflection should there be at brace on 14" mag limbs?

I'm building a 2005 Razor-X Magnum with Nitrous B cams but I'm not sure what the ATA is supposed to be on that particular custom model. Does anyone know how much deflection they should have at static?

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever the difference in riser length between a Scepter riser and a Razor X. Add the diiference to 38" and that is your new A/A.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

My razor mag original specs is ata:973mm(38 1/4) and brace 194mm.Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by scepterman30x View Post
    Whatever the difference in riser length between a Scepter riser and a Razor X. Add the diiference to 38" and that is your new A/A.
    ----------

Post Thanks / Like

Default Might be able to figure it out...

Quote Originally Posted by cherryju1ce View Post
    I'm building a 2005 Razor-X Magnum with Nitrous B cams but I'm not sure what the ATA is supposed to be on that particular custom model. Does anyone know how much deflection they should have at static?
    I have a Bow Spec chart from 2006 with the following entries:

CAM ATA Brace Draw Length
    RazorX Elite M-79EN Nitrous 45 3/4 8 7/8 27-35

RazorX M-79N Nitrous 42 1/2 8 1/2 26 1/2 - 31 1/2 (I think this is 16" straight limbs)

Cougar Elite Nitrous 41 1/2

Cougar Mag Nitrous 36 7/8

Shadowcat Elite Nitrous 40 1/2

Shadowcat Mag Nitrous 35 3/8

So the difference in ATA between Elite and Mag on the Cougar was 4 5/8", and the ShadowCat was 5 1/8"

The SCat and Cougar were both "upright" limb models like the RazorX, so I would probably split the difference and knock 4 7/8" off the Elite ATA and use that as my target... ~40 7/8" ?? You could twist more to get it shorter if needed.

Experimenting is always a gamble !
    Martin/Rytera Silver Staff Shooter - current arsenal 2011 Rytera Alien Z; 2010 Martin ShadowCat converted to NosX; 2007 Martin Pantera; 2005 Martin Cougar 3; 1999 Martin Fury (2); 1999 Martin Rage Twin Limb XRG; my kids shoot Martin Tigers, oh and a PSE Sierra Hunter Recurve (anybody got a 50# Martin Aurora so I can get this PSE outahere ???)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by christer View Post
    My razor mag original specs is ata:973mm(38 1/4) and brace 194mm.Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by dgmeadows View Post

The SCat and Cougar were both "upright" limb models like the RazorX, so I would probably split the difference and knock 4 7/8" off the Elite ATA and use that as my target... ~40 7/8" ?? You could twist more to get it shorter if needed.

Wow - big difference between the reported 38 1/4" and the 40"+ I calculated using other bow's specs - I wonder if Christer's RazorX Mag used 13" SuperMag limbs ?

You might want to call Joel C and ask if they still have the specs on that one. I know a few were custom ordered with the 14" Mags.
    Martin/Rytera Silver Staff Shooter - current arsenal 2011 Rytera Alien Z; 2010 Martin ShadowCat converted to NosX; 2007 Martin Pantera; 2005 Martin Cougar 3; 1999 Martin Fury (2); 1999 Martin Rage Twin Limb XRG; my kids shoot Martin Tigers, oh and a PSE Sierra Hunter Recurve (anybody got a 50# Martin Aurora so I can get this PSE outahere ???)

Post Thanks / Like

My mag has 14"limbs

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Bow Spec chart from 2006 with the following entries:

CAM ATA Brace Draw Length
    RazorX Elite M-79EN Nitrous 45 3/4 8 7/8 27-35

RazorX M-79N Nitrous 42 1/2 8 1/2 26 1/2 - 31 1/2 (I think this is 16" straight limbs)

Cougar Elite Nitrous 41 1/2

Cougar Mag Nitrous 36 7/8

Shadowcat Elite Nitrous 40 1/2

Shadowcat Mag Nitrous 35 3/8

So the difference in ATA between Elite and Mag on the Cougar was 4 5/8", and the ShadowCat was 5 1/8"

Well, like many specs in the Martin spec charts, I'm quite sure the 45 3/4" spec is NOT accurate. With the Nitrous cams, the cables are ALWAYS 1.5" longer than the bow's finished ATA length. In this case, if the cables on the Razor-X Elite are 46.25", to me, that means the ATA should actually be 44.75". Using the Scepter for a reference, I know that when I changed my Scepter to Mag limbs from Elite limbs, I lost just about 5 inches...maybe 5.25". I know that I have the string and cables to make it about 40.25 inches, so I'll build that up and give it a shot.

Wow - big difference between the reported 38 1/4" and the 40"+ I calculated using other bow's specs - I wonder if Christer's RazorX Mag used 13" SuperMag limbs ?

You might want to call Joel C and ask if they still have the specs on that one. I know a few were custom ordered with the 14" Mags.
    My guess is that he does indeed have the 14" limbs but he probably has the SE pockets, making the limbs more parallel.