Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help with noise

Post Thanks / Like

One of them is touching the TRG. If I move it back towards the front of the bow then I think the back one will hit the TRG at full draw.

Post Thanks / Like

The way I see it if it touches in the back it isn't as big of deal. It can't be any worse than the old CCS. Move the TRG forward, even if it is temporary, to test my theory. When the cables come flying forward they slap that front part. To me that is something a animal would here and flinch or bolt.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

I was checking around and was wondering what you guys think of using Bowjax on the STS and the TRG rods? I can get them fairly cheap from Sprtsman Guide.

Post Thanks / Like

It might help a little, but if you are only pulling the string back an inch or so, and getting that "thunk", I doubt it would do any good. One thing, is it as loud just drawing back an inch as it is on the shot?
    Last edited by Ehunter; 08-10-2011 at 06:14 AM.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous C
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

I messed with it the other night and have not gone out to shoot since. It has been like 95 in the shade down here in Bayou country.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, so right now I am working on three computers to get them running and so while I am waiting for stuff to install I have been plucking the string on my Onza like a harpist and messing with the TRG,SOS and STS to track down the noise and eliminate it. So far it seems like it was coming from the SOS. So I took it off and the noise went down and traveled to the STS. I can't really do anything to the STS so I fiddled with the TRG bar and then put back the SOS. I had placed a piece of semi rigid foam behind the SOS to help absorb noise so I took it out from behind the SOS. I then adjusted the SOS so that it is barely off of the string and I plucked it again and the noise seems to have gone down. I am going to see if I can have the wife record me on the cell and try to see how loud is is about 10 yards away from the bow.