Thread: 07 Scepter 4 specs

Post Thanks / Like

Default 07 Scepter 4 specs

Nothing in the charts I've seen matches the given specs. Nitrous B cams & 3M limbs specifically. Can someone enlighten me on this? Thanks.
    DSC02233_crop.jpgDSC02231_crop.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

From what I see on the Martin website, the 2007 Slayer with B cams, has the same specs as what is written on your sticker, but the Scepter is listed as having Furious cams. I wonder if it was someone who liked the Nitrous cams better, and they swapped cams and used the specs for the nitrous cams from the slayer? http://www.martinarchery.com/pdf/2007Specs.pdf What are your other measurements?
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

I saw that stuff and that's what I thought too. Dude said he bought it as a leftover in 09 though. That sounds like it was new to me. Martin may have put out some uncatalogued bows and this could be one I guess. Thought someone here might have that info before I contacted Martin.

Thanks for the input.
    Last edited by SkyChi; 07-25-2011 at 05:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Measure the a2a and compare it to the 2007 Slayer and see what you get. In my estimation, being as it has a limb sticker on it, it may have been a custom build (Martin does custom work). Your best bet might be to contact Joel Clark, give him the info and see what he comes up with. In fact, with the serial number he might be able to track down everything about it. You might also tell him it's a Scepter magnum. What's the length of the limbs?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Scepter Mag with Nitrous B cams should be 37.75" ATA with a 7.5" brace height. Draw length range will be 26-29" with standard modules. With 3M limbs, you're looking at a max poundage of 63-65#...based on my experience with this exact same configuration.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great bow... I just sold a silver one just like it

Martin did offer the Scepter 4 with 14" Mag limbs and Nitrous cams for a year or two. I believe the standard string & cable lengths were the same as the SlayerX with the same limb/cam combination, although some of us "experimenters" varied thee string and cable lengths a little bit.
    Martin/Rytera Silver Staff Shooter - current arsenal 2011 Rytera Alien Z; 2010 Martin ShadowCat converted to NosX; 2007 Martin Pantera; 2005 Martin Cougar 3; 1999 Martin Fury (2); 1999 Martin Rage Twin Limb XRG; my kids shoot Martin Tigers, oh and a PSE Sierra Hunter Recurve (anybody got a 50# Martin Aurora so I can get this PSE outahere ???)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input. Been looking for something in decent shape in that ata range and this looked pretty good. The readily available numbers just weren't matching up.

Post Thanks / Like

Well,,,, the Postman dropped this sucker off today . Ended up doing a trade for some goodies I had laying around and a little cash.

Altogether the bow looks great. No obvious problems and draws smooth. It needs a set of them fancy Hutch strangs and a good tuneup. That two stage wall has got to go and I need/want that last inch of draw. I predict she'll be a class A arrow slinger before you know it.

Peeled off the grip padding tape type stuff (the funky, sticky residue will be a little tougher). Them limb bolt dohickeys are next. Anybody got a set of stock limb washers to replace the threaded bases for the limb warts? Hadn't felt Nitrous B cams since I sold my 04 SlayR. Feel right at home with them. Got some regular 65% mods coming too but still looking for a set of X mods.

I'll post up some pics when I ger her spruced up a functioning like I know she will.