Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recurve Arrow Quiver

Post Thanks / Like

Default Recurve Arrow Quiver

I am getting ready for my hunt and I decided that my back quiver is just in my way. I can't sit down with it and its hard to go under brush and branches. It does work great if I am standing or kneeling down. Its a backpack and quiver all in one and I would like to try something else.

I found a bow quiver that conects to the limbs of the recurve. Does anyone have any experience using one of these type of quivers on a traditional style bow? Does it affect the bend of the limbs? Does it get in the way on the mountain?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shaverd View Post
    Does it affect the bend of the limbs? Does it get in the way on the mountain?
    Doesn't affect the limbs and it puts the quiver close to the bow so they are pretty good. The downside is the cost, lots of $$$ for the leather ones. All I would use is a Kwikee if you have the riser inserts for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Doesn't affect the limbs and it puts the quiver close to the bow so they are pretty good. The downside is the cost, lots of $$$ for the leather ones. All I would use is a Kwikee if you have the riser inserts for it.

Thanks, I had never heard about the Kwikee brand. I found a reasonably cheap priced quiver on thier web sight and I might try it out. As a matter of fact, its the best one I have seen yet.

I made a temporary limb quiver last night. It dosn't have a hood on it yet but if the idea works I will make a hood today. It holds the arrows great but I havn't shot with it to see if it will hold up to the torke from the shot.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

It holds the arrows great but I havn't shot with it to see if it will hold up to the torke from the shot.
    If it works out post a photo, love the homemade stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

If it works out post a photo, love the homemade stuff.
    Well, my home made quiver seems to work. Its sturdy and silent. No rattles or nocks when I shoot and walk. Its also very light weight.

Here are a few pictures of it:

Picture 0091.jpg

My daughter tells me, "Its ghetto like everything else you own and make", lol. If she only new what it was made of, she would even think worse of it. The mounting straps are made from an old inner tube, from her bicycle with a peice of alluminum arrow attached to it to hold the arrow brackets and hood.

Picture 0051.jpgPicture 0061.jpg

I made a camo sleave to hide the bows bright limbs and it fits over the quiver mount perfect.

Picture 0071.jpg

I think I might buy the Kwickee model quiver for this bow but I will keep this quiver for one of my long bows. I am also making a 6 arrow quiver of the same style.
    Last edited by shaverd; 08-11-2011 at 07:30 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

My daughter tells me, "Its ghetto like everything else you own and make", lol.
    'ghetto' lol! Why is that? Because it doesn't have 'sony' written all over it lol!

Btw, are those alloy arrow grippers?

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Pretty Cool Quiver...Real Trad Style!

Like it a lot. Just wonder why its so shallow, is it deep enough to cover the broadheads completely? The leather and the stitching is hot, I like the big strands. It makes a bold statement.
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

I found a pattern to cover a kwikkee kwiver hood with leather on the Bowsites Leather Wall. It is easy and looks really nice. Here is a link to a thread with his information. http://leatherwall.bowsite.com/TF/lw...s=4&CATEGORY=9

Post Thanks / Like

'ghetto' lol! Why is that? Because it doesn't have 'sony' written all over it lol!

Btw, are those alloy arrow grippers?

If it had away to text she would love it.

The arrow grippers are my biggest worry. They are made from plastic and I hope they are not too flimsy. So far they have held wonderfully.

Quote Originally Posted by peace View Post
    Like it a lot. Just wonder why its so shallow, is it deep enough to cover the broadheads completely?

The hood is a little shallow. It was not intended. After I was done with it I noticed it was a little small but not terrible. After a couple of hours I went back and the leather had shrunk after it dried out. Now it is very small. I am trying to strecth the leather back out but not sure if it will work. The neat thing about do it yourself is I can try again if I have to.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

If it had away to text she would love it
    Lol! And it would need a name like 'iquiver'