Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recurve Arrow Quiver

Post Thanks / Like

Great looking "iQuiver" Shaverd. I like home-made stuff as well. As to the Kwikie Kwiver, I've used one for years. It can be detached easily and is realitively silent when mounted. They make brackets that can be screwed to a tree or other surface so you can take the quiver off when you get to your stand and hang it up. I also have a home-made Kwiver bracket mounted to a piece of flat aluminum and covered with leather that hangs on my belt so I can use a Kwikie as a hip quiver too. They are very versatile with extra brackets. The two-piece types that mount on the limbs aren't so easy to take on and off.

mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeepRiverBowman View Post
    They make brackets that can be screwed to a tree or other surface so you can take the quiver off when you get to your stand and hang it up.

Thanks, I think I am going to get this set up eventually. I like the looks and the price of the Kwicke. My only problem with this bracket idea is with my memory I would probably walk away and forget my arrows on a tree. I'd be 10 yards away and see the deer of a life time, I would reach for an arrow and, s!*! #1 $ !*#. I would have to try and sneak back the the stand or start throwing rocks.

Or; I would get home and realize my arrows were missing. It would be fun explaning to the wife that I had to buy all new arrows and a quiver. I could see it now, "I just don't know what happen honey, their gone." I probably have to make a real good story about a bear and mountain lion or something. "Honest honey, the bear was chasing the cat with the arrows and I went the other way fast."

Right now I am making a second quiver that is just a little bigger and better. I do like having a quiver on the bow, the arrows are close and at the ready.

Post Thanks / Like

Just be sure you load your bow quiver in the order you expect to shoot your arrows. I once drew down on "the deer of a lifetime" with my Judo and had to make up a story for why I didn't shoot - "Yes dear, he was right there, ten yards out and broadside, but I was distracted when a bear ran past me chasing a cougar that had a guy's bow quiver in his mouth . . ."

mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeepRiverBowman View Post
    Just be sure you load your bow quiver in the order you expect to shoot your arrows.

I like to carry an arrow with a blunt on it so I can have fun in the woods. I shoot small logs, rotten stumps and I might even shoot a little bunny rabbit if chance arises. I would hate to go for an arrow and pick up the blunt instead of a broadhead tipped arrow.

That would be hard to explaine as well. "It was a perfect shot right behind his shoulder but the arrow just bounced off the side of that deer." I guess it would put a nice bruise anyway.
    Last edited by shaverd; 08-19-2011 at 01:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I finished my second quiver and it is bigger and deeper. I do not think it looks as nice as the first one but it holds six arrows instead of four. It seems to be holding up ok.

I will post pictures when I get a chance. Summer break is over and its a very busy time right now. Can't even find time to shoot more than a dozen arrows evey other day or so.