Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dicks Martin bone hunter, idler pulley cutting string

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter_IL_BT View Post
    You can't adjust the draw lengths by 1/2" the modules are set for 1 inch at a time.
    What the heck are you on about?

Check the manuals.

Post Thanks / Like

Im trying to figure out if his bow is a 2010 or 2011. Im guessing its a 2010. If so the modules only run to nearest inch like F1 25 in. F2 26 in. etc. Im not sure how the modules go for 2011. If its a 2010 bow those strings were terrible to begin with on the Gold Series bows. Now Martin has put better strings on the 2011 Gold line bows.

Post Thanks / Like

The modules are the same for 2011 as for 2010 and all prior years----1". I'd really like to see a pic of the cam, but if it does have two posts for the string then the #2 post can certainly be used to decrease the draw length by 1/2". If you just get on Martin's website and take a close look at the 2010 and 2011 catalogs for comparison you can see the difference between the 2010 and 2011 cam.

As for the string. If it has a couple broken strands then I wouldn't shoot it. And I wouldn't shoot it with a new one either until the idler wheel situation is resolved. It's very easy to tell whether you have the better strings used on 2011 bows. In 2010 they were a verigrated (spelling?) material (salt and pepper looking) whereas the new Hammer strings are a pure two tone---half black strands and half fl. green. The Hammer strings arethe ones used on all of the 2011 lineup, including Rytera.
    Last edited by bfisher; 08-10-2011 at 04:44 PM.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Default getting fixed

Took it to dicks today, they are going to replace the string and install an adjustable bar to release some of the tension, it has the string that is half black, half yellow but I'm going to get a better one and just keep the yellow as a spare. thanks

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear they are fixing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Did you check idler lean?

When I got my Bengal it started to chew up the string at the idler.The problem was excessive idler lean.It's just a matter of twisting one side of your cable yoke a few twists to get the idler running true again.Just a thought.