Thread: Releases

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Releases

What are all you guys shooting? I have a Fletcher .44 right now, but just picked up a Trufire 3D-Hunter from AT to give a try. Should be here later this week. Have only shot a thumb-release a few times and wanted to give it a whirl to see what I think.
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Trufire Edge buckle foldback. very smooth release, adjustable tension and length. im lovin it.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Tru-Fire Hurricane with an adjustable strap. seems to work alright for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Tru-Fire Patriot.it was cheep and works good for me

Post Thanks / Like

Scott Little Bitty Goose w/ buckle strap and nylon cord...moveable/tuck away.Stays out of the way when climbing etc. Love it!
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the Scott Q-Shot about a week ago when i bought my son his Genesis. I was using the same Tru fire release for about 4 years. I went through about a dozen different releases. i was interested in the Scott Sabertooth. I tried different brands and models and even a Backtension. That scared me a little. It's too close to hunting season to learn Back tension. I tried the rope style, buckle release called the Scott Quick Shot. It was half the price of the other ones...45 bucks. I kept shooting them all and kept going back to the Quick shot. I've never used a rope style before. The shop owner stated that it helps with less torquing. It just felt right so i bought it. My groups are tighter. I will buy the 150 dollar Scott backtension release after the bow season is over.
    Attached Images Attached Images