Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What I have learned...Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default What I have learned...Thanks

Most of you will think I haven't learned much, some of you will think I will never know what you know but yet others will know exactly what I'm talking about. I would like to thank all of you on this forum. The pointers and methods I have picked up have been enlightening to say the least. I use to use a thing called a speed loop noc because I did not know how to teach my string how to roll my peep to the right spot. Just recently I have removed some of the kisser buttons I had used, guess what...I don't need them. Heck I did not even know how to tie in a peep the right way. The bow tuning methods have really sharpened up my shooting. Form issues are easier to work out. Cam lean, idler wheel lean, cam rotation etc. I have several bows and had set them up here and there, trying to do most of the work and solve most of the problems. Back then I didn't know sqwat. I don't know that much now except that I am confident I can set up my own bows correctly and if I need help, you all will be there. Thanks to you all...What a great forum.

I know there are others like me out there. I just thought I'd share the good feeling...lol

cj
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cjchasman View Post
    Most of you will think I haven't learned much, some of you will think I will never know what you know but yet others will know exactly what I'm talking about. I would like to thank all of you on this forum. The pointers and methods I have picked up have been enlightening to say the least. I use to use a thing called a speed loop noc because I did not know how to teach my string how to roll my peep to the right spot. Just recently I have removed some of the kisser buttons I had used, guess what...I don't need them. Heck I did not even know how to tie in a peep the right way. The bow tuning methods have really sharpened up my shooting. Form issues are easier to work out. Cam lean, idler wheel lean, cam rotation etc. I have several bows and had set them up here and there, trying to do most of the work and solve most of the problems. Back then I didn't know sqwat. I don't know that much now except that I am confident I can set up my own bows correctly and if I need help, you all will be there. Thanks to you all...What a great forum.

I know there are others like me out there. I just thought I'd share the good feeling...lol

cj
    x2 The members on here are great. It's nice to have a forum where the members aren't fighting and bashing one another. I can't imagine how much work that the mods and admin have on AT just watching threads, never mind everything else they have to do.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Cj, Thanks for sticking around and putting up with all are non-sense. At least one good thing about this forum is, we don't like the At-titude. And I am glad you are learning something I am still waiting to learn how to hit the broad side of a barn.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    Cj, glad you're learnin' something...... dang! where'd my left-handed pencil go?
    Yep I am looking for mine too!!

HUTCH
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

CJ, thanks for your input as well. Regardless of the amount of knowledge everyone has, we all pitch in and help everyone we can. I'm still a novice compared to alot of the guys on here myself. Everyone has a different perspective, so everyone has some input to give. I've founf that things I've done a thousand times still have other ways of getting done, and I think that's what this forum is all about. Everyone helping everyone. I also thank everyone for their help and suggestions, and hope my advice hasn't been too bad. lol Just remember, there is no such thing as a bucket of steam to clean parts. lol
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

there is no such thing as a bucket of steam to clean parts. lol

They ain't? Boy have I been fooled.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

i agree, this is a fun place to be. very informative. im far from a pro myself and learn something new all the time. if i dont feel that i have anything of real value to add to help w problems, i just read. i dont like confusing matters more. lol. definately a BIG thanks to everyone here. i think we all do a great job of supporting each other as archers and hunters and i really hope alot of the newer members will stick around. the forum is growing constantly and constantly changing for the better. its getting more diverse with all the new sub-forums being put together. i try to steer guys to our hide-away when i see questions about Martin issues on other sites. i just hope they find a solution to their problems here. if not,it isnt for a lack of trying.

group hug,anyone?
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    Cj, glad you're learnin' something...... dang! where'd my left-handed pencil go?
    I put the pencil in my left handed coffee mug. They are tough to find.
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

I learned that just when I think I have a handle on some aspect of a bow Sonny, Barry, Hutch or someone else will come along squash that idea. I'm okay with that, it means they are passing on more information for me to learn from. Thanks guys!
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Ranger, you laugh, but I jokingly told one of the guys that used to work for me to go to Napa and get bucket of steam to clean things after work one day. Before I knew it, he was gone. We waited about an hour for him to come back, but he never did. Next morning when we met for work, he showed up. Told me that he had gone to 5 different places looking for a bucket of steam, but noone had any, or they had never heard of it. Sadly, that says alot about the kind of guys we end up hiring, and alot about the parts people that he asked about it. lol
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.