Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nockturnal Nocks

Post Thanks / Like

yes hawg they are expensive, but once you start you will never go back, especially with our bows being so fast sometimes you cant even see the shot and point of impact. they are also good tools while tuning.
    i've made my own out of lighted bobber lights but they accidently go off and i wasted my money there too.
    2011 Firecat 400, sword twilight hunter, apa twister, lots of arrows

Post Thanks / Like

Been thinking about these for some time now and might just have to give them a shot.

What is the best color? The green seems to light up pretty good on their video.

Do ya'll practice with them too or just practice with other arrows and use these for hunting only? Seems to weigh about the same as a regular nock or close enough where POI shouldn't be any different.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I will put it on my hunting arrows only and just before the season I will practice with the Nockturnals to make sure that everything is kosher. I still need to sighti n my 40 and 50 yard pins and put on the broadheads to make sure that everything is good. To much work to do and not enough time before season starts.

Post Thanks / Like

you'll want to shoot them a few times to be sure before hunting.
    last year i shot green and in brighter situations they were hard to see(one pass through and one miss) shot one doe in low (very low) light and then it stuck out like a sore thumb. red does seem to be brighter the lumenok claims to be much brighter than tracers (check you tube) they can all accidently(probably not the nocturnal) go off while in the case which means dead batteries, so replaceable batteries are a bonus. the tracer needs a spot on your riser or rest to mount a small magnet, about the size of a watch battery.
    this year depends on what brand fits my cx 250's, but probaly red
    2011 Firecat 400, sword twilight hunter, apa twister, lots of arrows

Post Thanks / Like

On a night around the 4th, my old man did a shoot off with our Nockturnal nocks... We arched our bows into open grass/trees, he let his Hoyt Ultrasport go, and I let my Martin Cheetah go.... He had green, I had red, and it was BEAUTIFUL.... that one moment alone made up for the cost of them... His deflected off a tree and still was lit up.... now can anybody guess what the distance traveled was?

385 yards for his hoyt
    340 yards for my cheetah... (may I add - the next day I found my limbs were cracked)
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

Post Thanks / Like

I use lumenoks, how do they compair price wise and performance wise?
    2003 Martin Prowler SE
    2011 Hoyt Rampage XT
    Easton Arrows
    Trophy Ridge Sights
    QAD Rest
    Crimson Talon XT broadheads

Post Thanks / Like

As far as comparing different lighted nocks.... I would have the see that nockturnals have the most simple, and efficient design. They have a small button that presses against the string, when you release your string the button is pressed in, AND IT SNAPS IN TIGHT. Then, after you go grab your arrow, you use the point of your arrow, or a knife, to slide a little switch on the side of the nock, which then moves that button back out into the nock's slip area. They have a great design, that can't possibly turn on in your quiver, and from the shots I have taken with mine (about 50 shots) the battery life is great. They are about $7.50 a piece, vs. $10 a piece for lumenoks...... I LOVE NOCKTURNALS, which were recommended by my local Scheels outfitters archery department......
    equipment list
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j-bo View Post
    Been thinking about these for some time now and might just have to give them a shot.

What is the best color? The green seems to light up pretty good on their video.

Do ya'll practice with them too or just practice with other arrows and use these for hunting only? Seems to weigh about the same as a regular nock or close enough where POI shouldn't be any different.

I think the color is just a personal choice. When the sun is coming up or going down your able to see either color really well. I use the green ones and they glow pretty bright. Like a few other people mentioned, the ease of use is outstanding. knowing all that I have to do is use a field tip or broad-head to slide the mechanism to shut it off works very well. I shoot Gold Tip Expeditions and they fit just right. No need to tamper with them, just take them out of the package and put them on and your good to go. Good luck trying them out if you do. Happy hunting

Brian

Martin Magnum Cougar III

Arrow Shooting, Deer Destroyer

Post Thanks / Like

How much more weight do they add compared to regular nocks?

Post Thanks / Like

Nockturnals are about 9-10 grains heavier than the average non-illuminated nock.
    equipment list
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver