Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nockturnal Nocks

Post Thanks / Like

Most common rangefinders project a laser beam to get the distance. It's a bit like laser radar detectors that law enforcement use. It is just a measuring device nothing more, it doesn't project a red dot on the deer. They don't understand how it works, or what it can and can't do.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

From the Loopy website it seems that it does project some kind of red dot on the deer and then you can align your sight with it and zero the sight to the dot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by homerj View Post
    Bought a Nockturnal last night as I heard good things about them. Tried it out, and it took me about 20 minutes to get it turned off. I tried about 5 different tools, and even loggged ontotheir website to re-watch the video and make sure I was doing it right. Trying to turn it off pulls it out of the shaft. Did I just get a bad one? I like the idea, but this was not a good first impression. Won't go back to Lumenock, may just go back to the Tracers.
    You need a sharp point to turn the nocks off. You can use a pocket knife or the tip or a broadhead after a shot when hunting. Anything with a sharp point should do well. Another to keep in mind is that the nocks are pretty durable. You have to press up hard on it through the little hole. Don't be afraid to press hard.

If the nocks are pulling off the shaft they could be the wrong size. They should fit snug. Nockturnal did screw up some of the sizes last year. I bought the SS nocks to fit on my Bemans like they were supposed to. Problem is they fit the newer diameter ones and not ones from a few years ago. I had to use the GT or Gold Tip size. You may want to experiment or bring in one of your arrows to fit them on better next time.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Luminocks. They haven't (yet) failed to turn on and are easy to pull out with your fingers (and a slight twist) to turn off. I did have one odd experience with them last season - The deer turned it off!! He reached around and pulled the arrow out by the nock, turning it off in the process. I sat in my tree looking all over for the glowing nock and couldn't figure out what happened until I recovered the arrow and saw the nock was pulled back out.

mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharxfan View Post
    From the Loopy website it seems that it does project some kind of red dot on the deer and then you can align your sight with it and zero the sight to the dot.
    I'll buy that. If it does give a bright red dot on the deer I can see where some les desirables would try use that to their advantage.

However, under normal use there is no dot. I prefer to think we are honest law abiding hunters until we prove otherwise.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Okay to help some others on here I measured the Nockturnals I got in from SG's the other day. The size "S" nock is ~.245 inches in diameter. I measured it with some calipers at the widest point of the nock. This is the size including the little ridges that crush down a bit when you insert the nock. The main body is about .225 around. I hope this helps you guys out who are on the fence.

BTW no change in POI with the new nocks on the arrow. Tomorrow is broadhead practice.
    Last edited by Sharxfan; 08-22-2011 at 07:50 PM.