Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nockturnal Nocks

Post Thanks / Like

I have been shooting the Nockturnals since they first came out - I still have about 3doz of them.
    The only ones that have ever failed on me are the ones that I robin hooded with another arrow.
    As far as the color - I agree that it is part how you perceive color and part the lighting conditions at the time of the shot.
    Also background effects etc.
    The bummer is:
    Colorado considers them an electronic device - hence - illegal to use for hunting!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    I have been shooting the Nockturnals since they first came out - I still have about 3doz of them.
    The only ones that have ever failed on me are the ones that I robin hooded with another arrow.
    As far as the color - I agree that it is part how you perceive color and part the lighting conditions at the time of the shot.
    Also background effects etc.
    The bummer is:
    Colorado considers them an electronic device - hence - [U]illegal to use for hunting[/U]!
    So does Oregon, can't hunt wih them here.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

I hadn't thought about that but a lot of guys over here use the for hunting so I am not thinking they are illegal. Just got shipping notification today so hopefully they are here by the weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharxfan View Post
    I hadn't thought about that but a lot of guys over here use the for hunting so I am not thinking they are illegal. Just got shipping notification today so hopefully they are here by the weekend.
    just check with the states fish and wild life department,im sure they have an online RESOURCES guide gor archery hunt restrictions.i know i cant have anything electronic on my bow in oregon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    So does Oregon, can't hunt wih them here.
    Not a big proponent of law breaking.. but this is one I wouldn't bother following and if busted, I'd gladly argue my points in court. Dumb. All a lighted nock does is help in recovery of a shot animal. Better to not waste an animal, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j-bo View Post
    Not a big proponent of law breaking.. but this is one I wouldn't bother following and if busted, I'd gladly argue my points in court. Dumb. All a lighted nock does is help in recovery of a shot animal. Better to not waste an animal, right?

I agree with you wholeheartedly. The nock doesn't aide in the taking of the animal. Some people are just a little too old school i suppose.

Martin Magnum Cougar III

Arrow Shooting, Deer Destroyer

Post Thanks / Like

You do know that Louisiana outlawed the use of the Leupold Vendetta? Something about it having a laser that projects and it may aid in siting in on deer or some BS like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure the Vendetta meets the definition. It's not designed to enhance vision at night.

It is unlawful to hunt with a bow or crossbow fitted with an infrared, laser sight, electrically operated sight or device specifically designed to enhance vision at night (does NOT include non-projecting red dot sights; RS 56:116.1.(b)(4)).

Post Thanks / Like

Bought a Nockturnal last night as I heard good things about them. Tried it out, and it took me about 20 minutes to get it turned off. I tried about 5 different tools, and even loggged ontotheir website to re-watch the video and make sure I was doing it right. Trying to turn it off pulls it out of the shaft. Did I just get a bad one? I like the idea, but this was not a good first impression. Won't go back to Lumenock, may just go back to the Tracers.

Post Thanks / Like

From what Ihave seen it should not be that hard to turn off.

J-bo apparently the Vendetta projects some kind of laser for what I am not sure. Even Leupold got a letter from LA stating the fact. It's the laser dot alignment part that gets them in trouble I believe.