Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reckon it would work?

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

With a five star rating everywhere you look, I would think it could do its job. But keep in mind once you sight in the arrow and get it dead on. More than likely you will not hit in the same place that it was aimed for.
    Reasons you shoot differently, also the arrow weight and spine change how and where it hits. But that doesn't mean it wouldn't be a good tool, for taking a lot of the guess work out and that tool would take out the guess work.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

It is very similar to a bore sighter for rifles.As you said it might take some of the guesswork out of the total process.Why don't you buy one and I will test it for you.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have looked at them, and thought it out. I would be able to sight in appox 50yards. Then all I would have to do is a few adjustments and I would be done. But Rangerj I have a shooting machine that does almost the same thing. It takes out most of the problems quickly. But I still might try one when you buy one and ship it to me

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Rubbish tool. When sighted in the old way the pins won't line up exactly with the arrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Rubbish tool. When sighted in the old way the pins won't line up exactly with the arrow.
    I agree,kinda reminds me of that lazer tool for center shot adjustment.For one Archery is called that for a reason (Arch) and also sighting in is part of tune process and changes to much for a tool like this.Now if this tool adjusted the pins for me and waxed my strings well then that would change everything..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    I have looked at them, and thought it out. I would be able to sight in appox 50yards. Then all I would have to do is a few adjustments and I would be done. But Rangerj I have a shooting machine that does almost the same thing. It takes out most of the problems quickly. But I still might try one when you buy one and ship it to me

Hutch
    I will get your address after I buy one.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Hutch; I think it could be used as tool for a starting point to get you on paper but you'd still have to finish the job the old fashioned way. Even the laser bore sighters for rifles only take out the beginning guess work and are not for final set of your sight.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

i think it might get ya in the ball park,but there is only one true way to sight in and thats to shoot

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, I ain't gonna buy one just wanted to share and get some thoughts.