Thread: Muzzy's for practice?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Muzzy's for practice?

For those of you who shoot the Muzzy's do you use the practice blades or the real thing. Checking the impact of the ST 100's and the MX3's. Seems the practice blades are shaped differently and I would assume they would fly differently than the real blades. The ST's are pretty much dead on to the FP's but want to try the Muzzy'snto see hoe close they are.
    2010 Bengal,63#, 28dl, Easton ST Excels 400s @ 27.5", GT 5575s @ 27.5", or Beman 400s @ 27.5, ST 100 Magnums/Grim Reapers, older WB, Bonecollector 1100 Sights, LimbSaver "S" coil stabilizer, Grayling four arrow quiver, nocturnal nocks, Hutch-n-Sons cable/strings

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parttimr View Post
    For those of you who shoot the Muzzy's do you use the practice blades or the real thing.
    I don't shoot them much anymore but when I did I used the real blades for tuning.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the MX3 and the practise blade is spot on.

Post Thanks / Like

Well if nothing else makes my decision is the fact I can't get the darn things together, lol
    2010 Bengal,63#, 28dl, Easton ST Excels 400s @ 27.5", GT 5575s @ 27.5", or Beman 400s @ 27.5, ST 100 Magnums/Grim Reapers, older WB, Bonecollector 1100 Sights, LimbSaver "S" coil stabilizer, Grayling four arrow quiver, nocturnal nocks, Hutch-n-Sons cable/strings

Post Thanks / Like

i shoot muzzy and use the practice blades.first time i shot them i used the practice blades then the real blades because i thought the same as you.but they shoot the same.when they say bad to the bone,they meen it

Post Thanks / Like

Ya i took my 6 pointer last season and a nice hog with them.Cant wait to run some through the Ross.

Post Thanks / Like

Replaceable blade heads have some good qualities. One is that you can replace the blades---DUH. Over the years when I have bought new broadheads (not often) I always buy a good supply of new blades. Then the ones that come with the ferrules are my practice blades. Night before season starts I put new ones in and keep the old ones for next year's tuning sessions. Other than tuning or checking arrow flight from year to year I do not practice with broadheads. If they tune and shoot fine then there's no reason to just keep on practicing with them. They're too hard on targets anyway. And most are getting rediculously expensive.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parttimr View Post
    For those of you who shoot the Muzzy's do you use the practice blades or the real thing. Checking the impact of the ST 100's and the MX3's. Seems the practice blades are shaped differently and I would assume they would fly differently than the real blades. The ST's are pretty much dead on to the FP's but want to try the Muzzy'snto see hoe close they are.
    Practice blades. Found very small difference between them and the hunting blades. That goes for both my recurve and crossbow for that matter. Saves a little on your targets too.
    Martin Jaguar #50
    GT Arrows
    Muzzy Phantoms
    Bowsight: Left Index Finger
    E.W. Bateman Cordovan Tab
    Barnett Jackal

The only failure that is disgraceful is the failure to try.