Thread: bow site

Post Thanks / Like

Default bow site

hey has anyone used the iq bowsite? called retinalock? looks pretty interesting , and the theory sounds solid, except for the price, looks pretty kwel . before i drop that kind of cabbage, i would want a good bill of health it werks , any feed back would be great www.iqbowsite.com
    Last edited by polaris754; 08-23-2011 at 03:58 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

So an extra bubble (indicator, whatever) and they want big $$ for it? Not going to stop you from torquing the bow on shot, that comes down to good form like everything else.

Junk imo.

Post Thanks / Like

I kind of like the idea of that site as it can be a good training tool to always make sure you are aligned with the sight. It is a lot of cash though.

Post Thanks / Like

well so far the replys, seem to indicate, its back to basics , i guess after payin out 200.00 , and the dang thing didnt do the trick , i would have a hard time driving over it with my truck, lol thanks for the input

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by polaris754 View Post
    i would have a hard time driving over it with my truck
    Lol!

Think of it another way, $200 buys you a lot of arrows to practice with, new cables and string, or even half the cost of a new bow!

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I'd wait and see what you guys had to say. Now here's my thoughts. I didn't even look at the price, but if it's $200 then it's way too much. OK, so it has this little alignment gizmo, similar (the same?) as the older Timberline No-Peep.

OK, so you draw and anchor. Take a look at that little window and see you're out of alignment. So now what do you do. Do you stand at full draw and tighten your grip or apply pressure to the riser with your hand or fingers? So now what is going to keep that bow from torquing right back to the same position once you release and have no pulling pressure on the bow? One of the worse things you can do is have tension in your hand.

Another scenerio. Assume your grip is OK. You draw and anchor and the little gizmo says you aren't anchored in the right spot so you adjust your anchor, head position or whatever. If this is a problem then it just shows that your bow is not set up properly for you. I still subscribe to the idea that once you focus on the target and draw to anchor you should not have to move your head whatsoever. If you do then the bow doesn't fit you. Adjust the bow to fit. As Destroyer said, GOOD FORM and easier to apply good form if the bow is set up for you well.

You do have to admit. There are all kinds of people thinking of ways to improve our shooting and emptying our wallets. America at it's best.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

spend your money on a nice release, if you don't have one. I just picked up the TRU Fire Beast, what a difference. As far as sights, singe pin Silver Talon. As soon as it cools off I plan on milling a housing to hold a lens, and a light. 115 here today, that just aint right.

By the way, the next time your out hitting up garage sales, don't over look the thighmaster, red and blue. The work wonders. Ask the chick that owns it. Latest and greatest, goota have it bullshit.