Thread: Update for bfisher on Bowstrings or anyone with string problems on thier CHEETAHS

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update for bfisher on Bowstrings or anyone with string problems on thier CHEETAHS

Hey Barry you helped me out with my bowstring a year ago. On my 2010 Cheetah you recommended me to a few sites to look for a custom string. I wanted to give you the update about H and M Bowstrings. They have been great! Mine is very durable and a friend of mine has used them as well with no trouble. I want to let anyone know and there seems to be a lot of people on here with string trouble.

IF YOU HAVE A 2010 CHEETAH AND HAVING STRING TROUBLE JUNK THE FACTORY STRING AND GET A CUSTOM STRING !!!!!!!!!!! http://www.hmbowstrings.com/

There is nothing wrong with a Winners Choice or any other top company, but you will pay twice the price. I got my string last year made with double helix and top quality for about $50 at H and M. The guy does it privately and there is no overhead like all the other top companies. Barry thanks for the advice last year.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

HutchnSons strings are of excellent quality,also. im stickin with them. but i agree. custom strings are the way to go.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    HutchnSons strings are of excellent quality,also. im stickin with them. but i agree. custom strings are the way to go.
    ........x2

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter_IL_BT View Post
    Great strings and great customer service too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter_IL_BT View Post
    Hey Barry you helped me out with my bowstring a year ago. On my 2010 Cheetah you recommended me to a few sites to look for a custom string. I wanted to give you the update about H and M Bowstrings. They have been great! Mine is very durable and a friend of mine has used them as well with no trouble. I want to let anyone know and there seems to be a lot of people on here with string trouble.

IF YOU HAVE A 2010 CHEETAH AND HAVING STRING TROUBLE JUNK THE FACTORY STRING AND GET A CUSTOM STRING !!!!!!!!!!! http://www.hmbowstrings.com/

There is nothing wrong with a Winners Choice or any other top company, but you will pay twice the price. I got my string last year made with double helix and top quality for about $50 at H and M. The guy does it privately and there is no overhead like all the other top companies. Barry thanks for the advice last year.
    Thanks for the kind words and thanks for the feedback. Now I'm happy knowing I didn't steer you wrong. And now others know that great deals are to be had using other than Winner's Choice strings. If I ever have need of strings I'll have to give either H&M or Hutch a try.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Im getting ready to pull the trigger on new string set good to know about h&m,but im gonna try hutch this time around as long as his price stays the same for a wee bit longer.....................

Post Thanks / Like

I like this feed back, especially from different posts. I'm going to be purchasing a new set of strings and cables from hutchnsons this week. Cant wait to do so from all the good things I hear about his work! Its very reassuring. Now I just need to figure out what colors I want to go with. Im thinking flo-green and black. For some reason or another I like that combo. Well see.. Happy shooting!

Brian

Martin Magnum Cougar III

Arrow Shooting, Deer Destroyer

Post Thanks / Like

Why do you guys change strings after a given time period or after a certain number of shots? I make my own strings, but I literally shoot the crap out of them until they NEED to be repaired. I take measurements every time I put a new set of strings on...including ATA, brace height, poundage, draw length, AND speed through a chronograph.

If all these measurements are the same every time I check my bow over, which is usually a few times per year (spring, mid-summer, and before winter leagues start), and the strings are not noticeably worn, why would I bother switching them out? I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if I have 2-3 years on the sets I'm shooting now, with no intention of replacing them if my numbers don't change.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=SonnyThomas;65753]Glad you like your strings.

Above said, I've shot so many strings I don't think there is a best. Even the 2008 strings on Martin bows worked for me and many others. We just had to play a bit with the bow strings to get the peep to draw straight. I figure some of the boys are running on borrowed time as here it is getting close to 4 years on those strings. AND people said these strings were junk! BS! Non quality strings don't last this long.

Well the older strings on the Martin Gold series may have held up for others, but if those strings were not so bad then why did Martin finally put Hammerheads on for 2011? To me they just were not very durable and were terrible for putting a tubeless peep on. To me Tubeless peep sights are the only way to go. Tube peeps are a thing of the past !!!!!!!!! They break down too easy and if they break in the field your screwed! Plus they make way too much noise when they hit the cable strings. And you gain a lot more speed. The Metapeep is only like 10 grains as well. If you have a quality string it lasts a ton longer and you can put a tubeless peep in no problem.

Strings can weather or breakdown overtime and depending on how many shots were taken of course. They don't need to be replaced until you see some wear. Its is critical that people continue to wax their strings do save on wear and tear. If you see wear and tear still after waxing definetly need to replace.