Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saber just broke in half.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saber just broke in half.

05' Saber broke in half at full draw just below the grip. The upper limb missed my eye by about an inch. What will Martin do for me? I don't have the original receipt. I do have the date and place of purchase. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Call Martin and ask for Joel. I am sure he will take care of you, even without the receipt.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Oh by the way, Welcome to the forum.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum, That is too bad for your bow but I hope your all right. As stated call martin and talk to joel. Take pics just in case he wants you to email them to him.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Take pics just in case he wants you to email them to him.
    And can you post photos here too? Very interested to see this. I've heard about it happening to bows before but never actually seen it. Good to hear you didn't get injured.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TaneumHunter View Post
    05' Saber broke in half at full draw just below the grip. The upper limb missed my eye by about an inch. What will Martin do for me? I don't have the original receipt. I do have the date and place of purchase. Any help would be great. Thanks.
    I would just put some JB weld on it and you'll be fine.......JK...wow that suck's glad your allright,i would also like to see a pic of the bow.

Post Thanks / Like

These pictures were taken seconds after it happened. Thanks to all who replied, I will call Joel tomorrow. Hope the pictures come through. 6.jpg5.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Cool This is definitely a thread...

That requires pictures. It would be nice to know the nature of this failure in a riser.
    Glad you weren't hurt. A compound bow is a machine, hand held and human powered, but a machine nonetheless and machines do experience failure.

Man that is a serious break there. Thanks for the picture. Right below the grip. Wow, that had to be scary. Reminds me of metal shear and stress tests we used to do in lab.
    Last edited by peace; 08-14-2011 at 05:52 PM.
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

Ya that would be some scary stuff..........did you make the wood side plates yourself!

Post Thanks / Like

I think its a design failure. I've seen pictures of other Sabers break at the same spot. I hope Martin will credit me for a new bow. I sure don't want another Saber. I'm leaning toward the Exile or Ridge Hunter but reading about TRG problems has me worried.