Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goin for broke another question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Goin for broke another question

Hey again ,,since i am old school , my prong rest is up for possible replacement , question is what is the best no frills have the need to mess with every other day rest ? I have heard about the whiskers slowin u down and i am not to sure about going thru all the set up on a drop away , trying to get it right, any advise?

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey polaris754, Look at a Bodoodle zapper 300. It is a great rest, for the price no frills, no playing around set it up and shoot.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Code Red.....................

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    Code Red.....................
    Speedy he doesn't want to deal with a drop away.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

drop aways are easy to tune. where did they get the rep of being a PITA? ive got an NAP quicktune 800 that i threw on the Mace. but that thing is coming off soon to be replace by my trusty old Trophy Taker.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

shot a biscuit for years and never had a problem with it or speed. use QAD ultra rest now, but its a drop away (had shop set it up, no problems with it, easy to use). could try a tri van from mid atlantic archery.
    2003 Martin Prowler SE
    2011 Hoyt Rampage XT
    Easton Arrows
    Trophy Ridge Sights
    QAD Rest
    Crimson Talon XT broadheads

Post Thanks / Like

The Whiskers AT MOST will slow you down 2fps .... nothing noticeable nor worth mentioning. It's a decent rest BUT they have a downfall ... they will eventually cause the vanes to ripple but that will be after many shots. The other downfall is in the cold weather, they will freeze up if moisture gets on them and silicone spray can combat this alittle. I prefer something more like a NAP Quicktune 360 capture rest. Not too bad a price from $40-$50, easy to tune and best part is, no vane contact. The Octane Hostage rest is also a good one ... same kind of rest as the NAP 360 but has bristles on the bottom as well. Just my two cents. (Maybe worth less in this economy ... )

I personally use the QAD HD Pro Hunter drop away on my main bow but I use the Octane Hostage on my other bows.
    Last edited by NY_Bowhunter; 08-15-2011 at 09:48 PM.
    THIS SPACE IS RESERVED FOR WHEN I BECOME A STAFF SHOOTER!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Whisker Biscuit-speed lost will not be noticeable.I shoot one for 2 yrs and no problems with fletching--duravanes and blazers.You want a no frills rest and something never to have to worry about after set up,buy a Biscuit.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

I have the octane hostage and it works fine for me. It has the brushes to hold the arrow in and all three vanes clear through the gaps. They even have hostage rests that the bristles fall away not sure which one it is though off the top of my head.

Post Thanks / Like

For no frills and no messing with it kinda rest I dont think you can beat a biscuit. Like everyone else said the speed you loose is very little. My buddy went from biscuit to drow away and only lost 1 fps. I havent hunted with them so I dont know about cold weather, but once you pop it on and get it aligned your done. Quiet on the draw, arrow wont pop off, I dont think they can be beat if you dont want to switch to a drop away. I shoot a qad ultra now, but it came on the bow pre set up, so I dont know if they are a pain to deal with.
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-