Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stabilizer .... really??

Post Thanks / Like

My bow doesn't fall forward and my stab is a 11 in doinker. my fifty yard groups seem to be scattered up and down but in a straight vertical line. ? do i need to try a target stab? how do i get my bow to fall forward. been shooting 25 years and bow has nevver fell forward. i see all target guys have it fall forward, what am i doing wrong. can shoot golf tees at twenty!
    2011 Firecat 400, sword twilight hunter, apa twister, lots of arrows

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boobowbender View Post
    my fifty yard groups seem to be scattered up and down but in a straight vertical line.
    Usually a problem with draw length, too short. Don't worry about having your bow rotating forward, I don't see the point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Usually a problem with draw length, too short. Don't worry about having your bow rotating forward, I don't see the point.
    it doesnt have to fall forward, but it does help a lot with consistancy during and after the shot...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jake-the-snake View Post
    it does help a lot with consistancy during and after the shot...
    Probably helps some but not everyone does it and they still shoot fine, especially compound shooters. I think its more of a recurve thing anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

There was a very interesting article in septembers issue of petersons bow hunting magazine about stabilizers.
    Accordingly a stabilizer is better than no stabilizer. Shorter stabs are more for vibration and noise while longer ones are more for aiming.
    Longer stabs with all the weight at the end is what you are looking for if you want your sight pin stay still.
    It is still a personal choice but trying different stabs may give you a new outlook on them.
    It's a pretty long article but very good reading. If you get the chance to check it out it may be worth while.
    2008-2011 Martin firecat pro-x, 70#, 29" dl. Monster bows dragon 60#, 29" dl.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends on the bow. If it's a G5 you will need all the help you can get to keep it from jumping out of your hand. If it's a Rytera Alien X, it's only needed to hold the wrist strap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    If it's a G5 you will need all the help you can get to keep it from jumping out of your hand.
    That's just sad. LOL
    2008-2011 Martin firecat pro-x, 70#, 29" dl. Monster bows dragon 60#, 29" dl.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Depends on the bow. If it's a G5 you will need all the help you can get to keep it from jumping out of your hand. If it's a Rytera Alien X, it's only needed to hold the wrist strap.

what the .... LMFAO!!!! The bow I'm referring to is my 2011 Bear Carnage. I bought it because at $450 drop shipped from Bear brand new in the box and all, I couldn't go wrong. I love my Slayer X and I'll never part with it cause it is a really nice bow and alittle different animal than the Carnage. I do have the 4.5" SIMS X coil on the Slayer X and I'm not sure that does much at all. The Slayer X also slowly tips forward after the shot. I know alot is preference as to whether you allow the bow to fall forward, but I was taught to relax and have a loose grip on the bow (almost no grip at all) and pretty much remain still after the follow through and let the bow fall forward. All of my bows fall forward slowly after the shot. My fiance had asked me why the top of the bow always falls forward ... I replied "because it's top heavy unlike you A cup!!!" .... what was to follow was horrifying and I'm lucky to be here today.
    THIS SPACE IS RESERVED FOR WHEN I BECOME A STAFF SHOOTER!!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NY_Bowhunter View Post
    what the .... LMFAO!!!! The bow I'm referring to is my 2011 Bear Carnage. I bought it because at $450 drop shipped from Bear brand new in the box and all, I couldn't go wrong.
    That is all you paid? How? Why? So jealous....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    That is all you paid? How? Why? So jealous....
    Yes that is all I paid.

How? Via Pay Pal of course .... seriously though, I got it from a guy that had closed his archery shop. I offered him $450 shipped to my door and he agreed. I thought it was a scam at first, but NOPE!! 4 days later in pulls UPS with my new bow direct from Bear and it even came with a Bear Archery hat AND a sticker!!! I do so love stickers.

Why? Because it was $400 less than what it should have sold for. Most places are selling them for $850 bare. Some are now selling them for $850 loaded.

So jealous?? Don't worry ... be happy!!
    THIS SPACE IS RESERVED FOR WHEN I BECOME A STAFF SHOOTER!!!!