Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Considering 3D creating a Check List...

Post Thanks / Like

Please don't think that I am serious about winning, I'm not. I'm serious about beating the course setter, but one of the best days archery I ever had, I came third and took three arrows to hit a goose 20 yards away (shooting over still water, hmmmm).

Kev on the other hand is an extremely competitive person. Fortunately for him (or is that me) we shoot in different classes, as I shoot fingers and he shoots release. Unfortunately for him, he insist on using good practical hunting type gear, were as many of his fellow competitors shoot bows with more gadgets and gizmo's attached than the International space station. Kev is also quite elderly, and needs to sit down frequently, although he did have the last laugh when three of his fellow competitors (including me) had to twist themselves into extremely uncomfortable and unbecoming positions in order to shoot under a low branch and into the kill. Wise Kev just put his seat near the peg and sat down (with, I'm sorry to say, a rather smug look on his face).

I have, in the past, won a lot of local comps and it IS nice to get a medal, but I would much rather spend the day having a laugh in good company and come last, than spend the day with some miserable hyper competitive types (like Kev) and win...yes, I have had shoots like that

3D is great fun and you guys do have some terrific comps that you can attend. It's a little more formal over here, but as at least 80% of competitors are shooting some sort of instinctive style, it is difficult to take yourself too seriously, as you will usually get a good ribbing from the trad guys (and gals) if you do; like the time I just missed the pro ring on a close target, only to have a guy with an (English) longbow nail it....oh dear!
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking My Expectations are High...

Quote Originally Posted by NeilMac View Post
    3D is great fun and you guys do have some terrific comps that you can attend. It's a little more formal over here, but as at least 80% of competitors are shooting some sort of instinctive style, it is difficult to take yourself too seriously, as you will usually get a good ribbing from the trad guys (and gals) if you do; like the time I just missed the pro ring on a close target, only to have a guy with an (English) longbow nail it....oh dear!

This I could really visualize and had me LOL!
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NeilMac View Post
    Kev on the other hand is an extremely competitive person. Fortunately for him (or is that me) we shoot in different classes, as I shoot fingers and he shoots release. Unfortunately for him, he insist on using good practical hunting type gear, were as many of his fellow competitors shoot bows with more gadgets and gizmo's attached than the International space station.

The only release class we have over here is Unlimited, so that is what I have to do.
    Don't like all ths long stabs and other garbage on my bows or shooting ultralight 'knitting needle' arrows.
    OK, so I ain't gonna win all the time (but it does happen ocasionally) but think of the satisfaction I get when I regularly whip most of the twiddley sight scope shooters.

Kev is also quite elderly, and needs to sit down frequently, although he did have the last laugh when three of his fellow competitors (including me) had to twist themselves into extremely uncomfortable and unbecoming positions in order to shoot under a low branch and into the kill. Wise Kev just put his seat near the peg and sat down (with, I'm sorry to say, a rather smug look on his face).

, Umm, ain't we the same age? LoL. You is just jealous of my seat.
    Why stand all day, no point in getting older if you don't get wiser
    Luckily I practice shooting sitting down (ready for hunting).
    Talking of looks on faces, you guy's were a picture when I did it

I have, in the past, won a lot of local comps and it IS nice to get a medal, but I would much rather spend the day having a laugh in good company and come last, than spend the day with some miserable hyper competitive types (like Kev) ( )and win...yes, I have had shoots like that

Al least he didn't smack your arrow like I got in the challenge, also from a stick shooter
    Most annoying thing was I had to give him the same score as my arrow

Anyway Bud, when are you coming down to shoot again?

Kev
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishKev View Post
    Anyway Bud, when are you coming down to shoot again?

Kev
    Kind you to invite me. I've got Hawk this w/e and then I really need to decide which of the Cat's is THE CAT before the Nat's in Sept. So it better be pretty soon.

I'll be in touch.

BTW, I think you may be a little longer in the tooth, as I am a mere youngster (of 52).
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.