Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i really have a prob with all the bad rap

Post Thanks / Like

Default i really have a prob with all the bad rap

Guys I hope u all agree , if i see one more bad rap on martin bows I am gonna puke!!!!!!!!! IMHO u go to AT everyone is wackin at martin in one way or another, and even a few that get a little hot under the collar here , IMO all bows can give all the same problems and then some , I had a problem with the limbs on mine when i got it BUT IT WAS PROBABLY DRY FIRED IN THE STORE BEFORE I WOULD BET STEPPED ON OR WHAT EVER, DANG these r great` bows I dont have any problem with mine other than operator error , and at that If ur a speed freak u get what u deserve I u max it out AND WACK CRACK THANK U MAN !!!!!!!! is what u end up with , all said and done Martin seems to always take care of there customers and thats a given , how about the time u took ur vcr back and the guy said its 2 days out of warranty and theres nothing he can do , u all have heard that as well as I , SO dang I hope folks can lay off the martins !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!this has been a public service warning THANK U
    Last edited by polaris754; 08-16-2011 at 04:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

a couple years with bad limbs will get ya that...but it seems martin has fixed that, they have a few more things to work on, but im confident they will make a good return...If people wanna downplay a manufacturer, let them do it, there isnt one bow out there that is better than another

Post Thanks / Like

Tires go flat, concrete disintegrates, mountains crumble, and World Trades Centers topple, in general, things do fall apart. I am very suspect of bows that hang on racks. Compound bows have problems. Some compounds have more problems than others, some users have more issues than others.

Thankfully I haven't had the equipment malfunctions that others have experienced. Maybe my bow isn't new enough, oh well.

Smarten Up and Martin Up
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

The reason they are always slamming Martin bows is because they need to feel better about spending twice as much on a bow that can't outshoot a Martin. It's like buying a Porsche that can't outrun or outcorner a Ford. You gotta say something bad about the Ford. To me, it all just sounds like buyers remorse. lol
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate the Martin Basher's also.I had a broken limb after only 39 days of use (new bow) but Martin took care of me in a very short time.Things happen.I am a devout Martin fan.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Post Thanks / Like

Just put a string on a tree limb, and go shoot some arrows.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thats why i shoot Ross now..................

Post Thanks / Like

I actually got sick of the bashing on AT, so I left... I don't really go on there much anymore. As far as Martin bashing locally... we have three bigger sporting goods stores here. One is now closing cuz of poor service and high prices (wholesale sports), also have a Gander Mountain, and a Scheels. I now go to scheels for all of my archery needs because for one, they don't bash my cheap cheetah, and two....they do all work for FREE. I have been to Gander, and they wanted me to trade in my bow and get a bow madnesss... they kept telling me all the problems with my Martin bow, and how it was SOOOO slow compared to the PSE.... anyways..... I got bashed at Wholesale Sports when I was in there attempting to buy arrows, and bow parts. Opened up my bow case and instantly it wasn't good enough, compared to the employees Athens bow. He actually had me shoot his bow to see how much better it was. Yeah, it was a great bow, but came with a $750 price tag for a bare bow... I shot about a 2 inch 3 arrow group at 15 yards with the Apprentice.... then I took my Cheetah out and damn near robin hooded my 3rd shot. I put back the $175 worth of stuff in the cart and went down to scheels and bought all that stuff. Bottom line is they had some rough, cheap parts on their bows in recent years. People will blow that up, and the last 58 years don't matter. Hey..... My limbs broke, and so did my cam module, and I couldn't tell you how amazingly impressed I was with Joel and the Martin CS. Now it is shooting like a whole new gremlin, and I love my Martin!
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

Post Thanks / Like

I havent been on AT much, but have heard they get pretty nasty over there. But there seems to be merit to people having complaints about martins, we all see it here, and a large portion of us have had manufacture defects that cause us to be out of archery for weeks on end. We also end up spending more money then we should to fix the issues. I was new to archery and had trg problems with my martin that turned into a big headache. Martin did fix it but I spent money on labor, my 330 dollar bow turned into 400 when all was said and done, with wasted sos parts and everything else. People complaining could be like me and think you pay for something it should work without issue. All bows have problems, but martin seems to be having a ton of problems with their design and manufacturing. Its horrible to see a great brand going down hill and that concerns me. So I agree and disagree with you, I see merit in their complaints, but people dont have to be nasty and hateful about it. We are all entitled to our opinions. I shoot a bowtech now, but I love this forum, and the guys here are great, almost good enough to try another martin.....hahahahaha.
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-

Post Thanks / Like

now ... what if, someone on here said "My Martin is better than yours!!"?? Does that count as Martin bashing?? Would it cause severe Martin envy and could the offended party develop a complex?? Another question, does Joel also offer counseling for offended Martin owners if such an event should occur?? I'm just curious 'cause I may need to contact Joel in regards said counseling due to the signatures I see on here. I feel inadequate and envious myself as I only own 1 Martin bow and no Rytera's .... (and someone used the Walmart Staff shooter sig too!!!)
    THIS SPACE IS RESERVED FOR WHEN I BECOME A STAFF SHOOTER!!!!