Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: i really have a prob with all the bad rap

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NY_Bowhunter View Post
    now ... what if, someone on here said "My Martin is better than yours!!"?? Does that count as Martin bashing?? Would it cause severe Martin envy and could the offended party develop a complex?? Another question, does Joel also offer counseling for offended Martin owners if such an event should occur?? I'm just curious 'cause I may need to contact Joel in regards said counseling due to the signatures I see on here. I feel inadequate and envious myself as I only own 1 Martin bow and no Rytera's .... (and someone used the Walmart Staff shooter sig too!!!)
    LOL, That is funny NYB.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ford View Post
    I havent been on AT much, but have heard they get pretty nasty over there. But there seems to be merit to people having complaints about martins, we all see it here, and a large portion of us have had manufacture defects that cause us to be out of archery for weeks on end. We also end up spending more money then we should to fix the issues. I was new to archery and had trg problems with my martin that turned into a big headache. Martin did fix it but I spent money on labor, my 330 dollar bow turned into 400 when all was said and done, with wasted sos parts and everything else. People complaining could be like me and think you pay for something it should work without issue. All bows have problems, but martin seems to be having a ton of problems with their design and manufacturing. Its horrible to see a great brand going down hill and that concerns me. So I agree and disagree with you, I see merit in their complaints, but people dont have to be nasty and hateful about it. We are all entitled to our opinions. I shoot a bowtech now, but I love this forum, and the guys here are great, almost good enough to try another martin.....hahahahaha.
    I agree. "Most" of the time, if there are numerous complaints, there is merit to them. I see a lot of "but their customer service is great". That is great, but I'd rather see, "I don't know how their customer service is because the bow works as it should".

This is my 1st Martin bow. I was sold on the TRG/SOS design, low price for the speed, and I was about to buy a Martin 10yrs ago (bought a Hoyt instead) as I liked how it felt then.

Now, I haven't even set up the bow yet as I'm waiting on cable/slide/STS. I didn't want to take the chance that the TRG would cause any problems and a cable/slide is proven. I still like the idea of the TRG and hopefully they will fix the issues with it. I should of just been able to purchase the bow, set it up, and start shooting. Am I bashing? No... I should of done more homework before my purchase, so that's on me. I'm still excited to shoot this Silencer as I think it's going to be what I wanted and hopefully will be with me for at least the next 10yrs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    The reason they are always slamming Martin bows is because they need to feel better about spending twice as much on a bow that can't outshoot a Martin. It's like buying a Porsche that can't outrun or outcorner a Ford. You gotta say something bad about the Ford. To me, it all just sounds like buyers remorse. lol
    Amen, brother.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

I've owned and shot Martins since the late 70's. Since then I've owned just about every other brand made but I keep going back to Martins. I think they give you a lot of bow for the money and always stand behind the product. I currently own a Rytera, a Jaguar (Compound) and a new Exile which I truly love. I don't bash other bows because I think they all are pretty decent.

Post Thanks / Like

i dont bash bows,i bash prices

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    i dont bash bows,i bash prices
    x2!!!! :d
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Ehunter;66147 It's like buying a Porsche that can't outrun or outcorner a Ford. You gotta say something bad about the Ford.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't go that far. I have yet to see a stock (any year) ford beat a stock 86 Porsche 911. Hell even the C5 Vet will stay away.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Martin is to Ford as Hoyt is to Porsche????

Ford did stock way different then Porsche did stock based on their different distribution and marketing....and I have driven some pretty hot Porsche's in my time but I will take a Shelby 'Stang over a Porsche any day but then I will take back straps over Filet Mignon too...

Smarten Up and Martin Up
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    The only reason Martin gets bashed is because of quality throughout for the last couple years.
    Exactly, besides its not bashing stating the truth. If anyone here is in to FOSS, you can see the damage that the zealots have done to Linux. Everything is perfect so there is no need to fix anything, so all the issues remain protected by the fanboys. Say one bad thing against it and BOOM, they attack stopping any interest in fixing the problem.

I don't want to see Martin heading in the same direction.

Quote Originally Posted by j-bo View Post
    Now, I haven't even set up the bow yet

Post Thanks / Like

Question Say What?

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Exactly, besides its not bashing stating the truth. If anyone here is in to FOSS, you can see the damage that the zealots have done to Linux. Everything is perfect so there is no need to fix anything, so all the issues remain protected by the fanboys. Say one bad thing against it and BOOM, they attack stopping any interest in fixing the problem.

I don't want to see Martin heading in the same direction.
    I use a few flavors of Linux mostly a couple of versions of Mint Linux and I have my wife running Ubuntu because I don't have to do anything but remember her passwords to support it. I am not familiar with the atmosphere you speak about in reference to Linux, in which distribution do you find these concerns?

I don't see the analogy of Martin Archery to a flavor of Linux, more like Macintosh to Matthews and Hoyt as Windows, LOL!

Smarten Up and Martin Up
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com