Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: i really have a prob with all the bad rap

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Say what!!!

Quote Originally Posted by peace View Post
    I am not familiar with the atmosphere you speak about in reference to Linux
    I been using various linux's and tools and contributing since early 2001 and its always been an issue, but it depends on where you spend your time I guess.

in which distribution do you find these concerns?
    Distro? Linux is a kernel not a distro. Its spread across all FOSS, not all FOSS is 'linux'. It could have been huge, now even MS doesn't feel threatened.

I don't see the analogy of Martin Archery to a flavor of Linux, more like Macintosh to Matthews and Hoyt as Windows
    I agree with 'Mac to Mathews' and 'Windows to Hoyt', I just don't want see 'Martin to linux'. Broken, bloated, change for the sake of change..... oops sorry innovation, and a huge support base made up of deluded and very aggressive people.

Btw, I'm using good old XP until I cant use it anymore. Distro's like Ubuntu (lol!) and those based on KDE 4 like Slackware (sigh) have gone to bloated trendy looking desktops which I don't like. You get sick of fixing problems with the older desktops like Gnome 2 or KDE 3 so thats not an option either.
    Last edited by Destroyer; 08-18-2011 at 03:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    I been using various linux's and tools and contributing since early 2001 and its always been an issue, but it depends on where you spend your time I guess.

Distro? Linux is a kernel not a distro. Its spread across all FOSS, not all FOSS is 'linux'. It could have been huge, now even MS doesn't feel threatened.

I agree with 'Mac to Mathews' and 'Windows to Hoyt', I just don't want see 'Martin to linux'. Broken, bloated, change for the sake of change..... oops sorry innovation, and a huge support base made up of deluded and very aggressive people.

Btw, I'm using good old XP until I cant use it anymore. Distro's like Ubuntu (lol!) and those based on KDE 4 like Slackware (sigh) have gone to bloated trendy looking desktops which I don't like. You get sick of fixing problems with the older desktops like Gnome 2 or KDE 3 so thats not an option either.

What's the draw weight of your Gnome 2??? I'm lost ............ can someone show me to the nearest bottle of Advil???
    THIS SPACE IS RESERVED FOR WHEN I BECOME A STAFF SHOOTER!!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NY_Bowhunter View Post
    can someone show me to the nearest bottle of Advil???
    What the heck is Advil?

Post Thanks / Like

What the heck is Advil?
    It's a pain pill. Don't you watch TV? LOL.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Btw, I'm using good old XP until I cant use it anymore.
    I'm using Vista on my laptop, but most of the computers in our house are running XP. I hear that Windows 7 and 8 are supposed to be the best yet (8 is just an update to 7), but I don't have the money to find out right now.LOL
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

What the heck is Advil?
    The generic name is Ibuprofen. Advil and Motrin are two of the high dollar versions.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Yeh, I have MS and I don't feel threatened at all !!
    2008-2011 Martin firecat pro-x, 70#, 29" dl. Monster bows dragon 60#, 29" dl.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    I'm using Vista on my laptop,
    Actually don't mind Vista, came with a laptop but due to some of my old apps not working great I use XP on it. Vista isn't a lot different from Windows 7.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclepath View Post
    Yeh, I have MS and I don't feel threatened at all !!
    Lol!