Thread: Adjust Letoff '10 Cheetah

Post Thanks / Like

Default Adjust Letoff '10 Cheetah

Hello, I am new to the forum and was wondering if any of you guys could tell me how to adjust the let off on my Martin Cheetah. My draw length is 28" and there is little play once the bow "lets off." The littlest give and the string wants to release. Do I just need to adjust my stop? I don't know a lot about bows as you can tel. Thanks in advance.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luv2hunt View Post
    Hello, I am new to the forum and was wondering if any of you guys could tell me how to adjust the let off on my Martin Cheetah. My draw length is 28" and there is little play once the bow "lets off." The littlest give and the string wants to release. Do I just need to adjust my stop? I don't know a lot about bows as you can tel. Thanks in advance.
    post some pics of your cam. draw-stop side. sounds like its set to around 65% let-off. youve got the accu-track cam, so i dont think pics of my m-pro cam on my '08 would do any good. if you have another person to help,you can draw the bow and have them loosen the draw stop. once you get to a comfortable anchor,have the second person move the draw stop peg til it butts against the limb and tighten it down. or you can just keep adjusting in small increments til you get it where you want it.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. Is that how you adjust the let off? With the stop? I had thought about loosening the stop and pulling it back and seeing if it made a difference. I will try to do this tonight and see what happens.

Thanks again

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luv2hunt View Post
    Is that how you adjust the let off? With the stop?
    Yep, loosen it and move it towards the '+' if it has one (can't remember atm) and re-tighten then draw back and see. Btw, it really adjusts where the draw length stops, adjusts the length of the valley. You can also adjust let off (% amount) by switching to another module but I don't think that is what you want.
    Last edited by Destroyer; 08-18-2011 at 03:09 PM.