Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Saber Mag

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin Saber Mag

Hello all yeah i know what your thinking wasnt this the kid who was gonna buy a Martin threshold yeah it is but i changed my mind..
    Anyways does anyone on here own a martin saber mag? if so what are your thoughts on it the academy here has one full set-up for 319.00$$
    Is it a good bow?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Better choice and it will do the job just fine.

What will it come with?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully you won't have any riser problems. Seriously, these mishaps are very rare. Personally, I think the Saber is a better choice between the two bows.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Trophy Hunter aka saber. Very nice smooth shooting, accurate bow. I wouldn't be afraid to buy another. No major problems with it so far and I've shot it a lot. Replaced the upper idler wheel due to being bent when I got it. New string by Hutch N Son. Had the cable slide wear through and broke through yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SJunior View Post
    I have the Trophy Hunter aka saber. Very nice smooth shooting, accurate bow. I wouldn't be afraid to buy another. No major problems with it so far and I've shot it a lot. Replaced the upper idler wheel due to being bent when I got it. New string by Hutch N Son. Had the cable slide wear through and broke through yesterday.
    Assuming the cables aren't damaged you can replace the slide wit any similar slide, but I'd recomend a Teflon slide like a Simms or the Saunders Hyperglide. If the cables are damaged then I'd recommend replacing them too.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

At acemdemy it comes with sights,rest,nock set,peep,d-loop.. I have already seen the saber that broke in half but that bow was made in 05' and i would think that martin has improved overall with there bow making abilities.. What does a new slider cost 20-30$?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    Ahh, so you're trying to scare him out of buying one.LOL
    parkerd, there is nothing wrong with a magnesium riser. I have one myself(Martin Jaguar). I agree with the others, the Saber is a better choice, and will serve you well. I'm assuming that it comes with the TRG, so if you want to use a cable rod and slide, you'll need to call Martin and have them send the rod and slide.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard better things about the saber then I have the threshold, I would go with the saber. I dont know if they are running the trg or not, if so get it off and use a slide. My exile is $230 its a few steps above both bows and would give you a 100 for accessories of your choosing.
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Everyone!! Can yall tell me what the big thing is about what the riser is made of? How they grade the popular one seems to be aluminum and now carbon whats so bad with magneisium and other materials just weaker??

Thanks,Parker