Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Martin Saber Mag

Post Thanks / Like

There's nothing wrong with the magnesium riser. I have an '05 Saber, and it has had no problems at all that weren't operator error. The magnesium is not as strong as the aluminum riser, but that's why they don't use the magnesium on the newer model high performance bows. The one that broke in half is the only one I've seen like that; its gotta be a rare occurrence.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    The one that broke in half is the only one I've seen like that; its gotta be a rare occurrence.
    It is.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, first time I've seen photo's of a broken riser like that. Still gives me the 'screaming willies'.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Owner of the broken 05 saber

As far as I know the 09 and later saber risers are ok. What happened to me is very rare but I HAVE seen pictures of other sabers with broken risers at the same spot. Do an image search for "broken saber riser". IMO it just isn't worth the risk. One inch higher and I wouldn't have a right eye.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank God for that one inch. Can't tell from the image but I was wondering if that riser was a molded riser or a machined riser. I would expect a machined riser to break with a fairly clean sheer line and a molded riser to break such as yours. I haven't done any metallurgy in years but just taking a stab at it.

Smarten Up and Martin Up
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ford View Post
    My exile is $230 its a few steps above both bows and would give you a 100 for accessories of your choosing.
    Good deal that.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerd View Post
    whats so bad with magnesium and other materials just weaker??
    Mostly how they are made, cast vs machined. Magnesium doesn't machine as easy, burns better though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peace View Post
    Thank God for that one inch. Can't tell from the image but I was wondering if that riser was a molded riser or a machined riser. I would expect a machined riser to break with a fairly clean sheer line and a molded riser to break such as yours. I haven't done any metallurgy in years but just taking a stab at it.

Smarten Up and Martin Up
    Moulded/Cast

Post Thanks / Like

Ok which would you buy the martin saber mag full setup or the martin cheetah full set up pulled back the cheetah and it felt real nice...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parkerd View Post
    Ok which would you buy the martin saber mag full setup or the martin cheetah full set up pulled back the cheetah and it felt real nice...
    i like the cheeta,but you have to go with what you like the most.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok i have a performance question when i shoot my recurve i shoot 75-100 arrows around 2-3 times a week.. Which is built better for my shooting also hunting the cheetah is light havent held the saber mag yet.. What im looking for is something along the these guidelines...
    *Light weight i do alot of spot and stalk hunts*
    *Easy to use dont want something thats gonna take 7 years to figure out*
    * Speed not a big deal but i dont want it to be as slow as molasses*
    both bows are in my budget range... The nice thing the guy at dicks told us is that you get 5 mods for free with the purchase but they may not make them anymore within the next couple of months.. What do you guys think? My dad is sold on that martin doesnt make the best low dollar bow but hey i think im going to give it a shot...