Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TRG&SOS ditched

Post Thanks / Like

Default TRG&SOS ditched

Called yesterday about string wear and sos rubbers spliting. Was told that Martin will not be shipping any more bows so equiped. My Onza must have been one of the first as the riser is not cut to accept the sts. Will put on a Sims STS that mounts on the front were your stabilizer goes. Martin is sending me a carbon rod as a replacement for the trg. I love this bow, smoothest most acurrate bow. Appears maybe they did not do extensive testing on these to see if they would hold up to use. The folks at Martin have been very pleasant to deal with and I will buy another Martin bow in the future. TRG/SOS still might pan out with some future engineering. I really like the idea of the string stop being near the center of the string. Was thinking a Slanted in carbon rod might be a better idea. They offered to cut a slot in my riser for the sts, but the season is upon us. I will replace the parts as planned after the first red carpet runs.
    they are also replaceing my control cables.

Post Thanks / Like

Can you post pictures of your riser without the slot?
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like my prediciton may be coming true.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob cooly View Post
    Was told that Martin will not be shipping any more bows so equipped..
    I like the sound of that.

Quote Originally Posted by bob cooly View Post
    Will put on a Sims STS that mounts on the front were your stabilizer goes.
    Good for any bow so its not a bad investment.

And welcome to the forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry can not post pictures as I am technologicaly handicapped. The riser just has the 2 quick connects for the stablizer and the other sits at a weird 45 degree angle on the inside. A clever fellow could build an adapter here, but Martin has apparently decided to cut a groove just below the handle to adapt their currant sts. If the sims works I will not let them cut another groove as it seems it could possibly weaken the riser at this spot. It will be interesting to see what comes out next year in the way of cable guides. I,ll keep you posted once the parts are installed as to how the bow shoots compared to how it shoots now. At least with Martin you can order parts for your own bow. Tried to get Diamond to send me a draw stop for an Iceman, no joy, go to the dealer. Didn't buy the bow from a dealer and nearest dealer of any kind is 100 miles away, go figure.

Post Thanks / Like

IMAG0354.jpg

Yours doesn't look like this? This is my Firecat 400.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

oh my, you mean my thoughts about the system and it not being a narrow few of us were correct? Joel promised me I was one of very few people that had the same issue, I was the exception not the rule. If thats the case why are you stopping production of the trg and sos system????????? Dont piss on my back and tell me its raining.......
    I hate being lied to, hate it, hate it. Tell me the truth and fix the problem, dont lie to me and fix the problem. Honesty makes me a life long customer, lies makes me angry and reluctant to use thier product.

Martin needs to take a lesson from bear, make a good quality bow, thats quiet, moderate on speed, and dependable at an affordable price and we will buy them by the thousands.

Sorry about the soap box guys, but I feel much better now.
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-

Post Thanks / Like

No my riser is not cut as per my 1st post. approx. where your 400 is cut there is the second quick connect at an angle down from the riser. Perhaps it took awhile for Martin to get enough data on what is going on with the trg/sos before the reality of the problem became real, I don,t know. I still think the basic concept of the trg/sos is sound. My bow does shoot extremely well with it. I hope it shoots as well with the mods I am having to make. Again, Martin has been a standup company for along time and throwing rocks only breaks windows. I am sure they will fix it. Be really nice if they offered an incentive for a new bow next year. But then again I'll only become (Bow Poor).

Post Thanks / Like

They are going to have to do way more than that to get me to buy another Martin bow! They have shot themselves in both feet and are reloading for more shooting as far as I am concerned. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that feels this way. Some just won't admit it.
    Firecat 400

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    Some just won't admit it.
    I think most are waiting to see what happens with a discerning eye. Its only the fanboys that blindly support any product.