Thread: quiver

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default quiver

So I just bought my first quiver, its from apex, holds 5 arrows, and has their magnetic clip system. Goes on and off easily enough, secures well to the bow, rubber on the hood so its quiet. My issue is the arrows are super hard to push into the slots. Is this normal? Its like work to get them on. I'm wondering if they stretch over time, and if I should leave some arrows in them while I dont shoot to stretch it. By the way I shoot carbon arrows, not trying to squeeze alum. in a carbon slot.
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-

Post Thanks / Like

Ford, thats been an issue for me as well. I decided to go with a hip quiver that attachs to my pack for hiking in. Not that I hike in anymore(copd) but I don't like the extra weight and akwardness of a bow mounted quiver. Mine is a Tarrachula(spelling) from Cabelas. Part of the hardness of installing and removing arrows is a saftey issue. Using one of the smaller diameter shafts might be the answer or using a little arrow lube on those areas where the arrows fit in the quiver might help. But you diffently don't want arrows slipping out of a quiver.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob cooly View Post
    I decided to go with a hip quiver that attachs to my pack for hiking in. Not that I hike in anymore(copd) but I don't like the extra weight and akwardness of a bow mounted quiver. Mine is a Tarrachula(spelling) from Cabelas. .
    Sorry to go off topic,but how do you like the Tarantula?Been eye balling it at Cabelas,but leary to pull the trigger.

SL
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Life View Post
    Been eye balling it at Cabelas,but leary to pull the trigger.
    Very poor quality for the price imo. Mine was crap, bent and ripped the flimsy thing first time out so I modified it with a PSE king quiver (stronger) with adjustable gripper and a few other mods. Don't use it as a side quiver anymore, kept banging into the side of my backpack when I walked so I modified it to attach to the backpack itself. Not bad now.

Attachment 3996

Attachment 3997

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is the MAQ model for around 35 bucks. Came as part of a daypack package. Holds five arrows and comes with a web belt. No its not the best of quality, but I should get several years of use out of it. I just don't like extra stuff hanging off my bow, makes it seem ackward to me. I also have bow mounted quivers. You can leave the mount on the bow and use a belt or tie them on your pack and if making a stalk put it on your bow. It's all a learning curve for what works for you. If you've got the $ find someone who makes leather goods, holsters and tell them what you want.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ford View Post
    My issue is the arrows are super hard to push into the slots. Is this normal?
    Depends on your definition of super hard. When pushing the shafts in try rotating them a bit. Could be that it has a holder for thin carbons. They should loosen up over time if its all correct.