Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bow tuning issues, Cheetah bow, QAD drop-away

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by Destroyer; 10-01-2011 at 09:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I used talcum powder to see if I am hitting, and I leave powder on the prongs almost every time. How do I adjust the timing of the rest? I have just the cheap hunter version, and the instructions that came with it were crap..... I am guessing that small allen screw in place by the cord?
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

Post Thanks / Like

I know the QAD and Ripcord are similar rests in that you cock them with an arrow on and the cord is supposed to release the mechanism so the rest drops at the shot. So the cord has to be short enough to trip the mechanism. However, if it's too short then it will hold the launchers up too long and contact is likely. This could be your problem or at least part of the problem.

As for the left tear? It's been my experience with my Martin/Rytera bows that they like the rest inside center. Don't ask me why, but that's how it is. It might not seem right, but I have learned never to argue with the bow. Make the adjustments you need and see what happens.

Also, just a question, but is it possible you are torquing the bow?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all the pointers, I am going to make sure the bow is right before I mess with the tuning. I checked my draw stop and think I had that already good to go. I also had a good starting point with arrow alignment, but the one thing I need to check is my timing of the drop away to make sure it is in check. I know the rest is being raised to it's fire position like it is supposed to (the two white lines line up) The one thing I KNOW I am not doing right is shooting at shoulder height. Not sure how much that effects the paper tune, but I am shooting a target that is probably a good 8 inches lower than shoulder height..... Also, I use newspaper for tuning, never asked but is that a good paper for the test?
    equipment list
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted let everybody know that I got it tuned! I dialed in the cam draw stop and that changed EVERYTHING. I wasn't going over the module by much, but I adjusted it so it looks more like the cam in the picture, and it made for a much better starting point. I then did some minor nocking point and rest adjustments, and got it to a perfeft tear. The other things I made damn sure I'd was to focus like I was shooting something that mattered versus a piece of paper and target, and with that cam greater now hand relaxation, and my anchor point being solid. Thanks to all who gave me inout, now I get to sight it in tomorrow. I set my 20 yard pin to 3 5/8" above my arrow as the starting point thanks to sonnys quick bow setup tips. I am sighting in to 20 30 40 & 50 yards tomorrow and should be golden for deer season..... then.... practicing hardcore
    equipment list
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by Destroyer; 10-01-2011 at 09:57 PM.