Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Got my free Zeon Fusion vanes today.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NeilMac View Post
    but did not touch the vanes.
    Always clean my vanes, except for AAE's when using their glue.

Post Thanks / Like

I normally clean vanes just before fletching too, but I was a bit unsure about the effects the thinners would have on the plastic, so in this instance I just fletched them as they were.
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Post Thanks / Like

Norway says it's not neccessary to clean their Fusion vanes, so I figured the same was true for the Zeon. I got a few shots with mine yesterday, and while they do steer the arrow very well, and give good groups, the "visibility" of them was far less than expected. I really can't see much reason to use them over any other vane as far as how easy they are to track. I'll stick with my regular Fusions and Blazers.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    Norway says it's not neccessary to clean their Fusion vanes, so I figured the same was true for the Zeon. I got a few shots with mine yesterday, and while they do steer the arrow very well, and give good groups, the "visibility" of them was far less than expected. I really can't see much reason to use them over any other vane as far as how easy they are to track. I'll stick with my regular Fusions and Blazers.
    I just got mine in the mail today and it happens I just bought a bohning jig. So I tried these Zeons, some blazers, and plastifletch. For my first time I guess it went ok. The Zeons were tough to see for me. I don't think they were as bright as they were hyped up to be. I used fletch tite glue and it was nice to be able to see the bead of glue on the vane as easch vane was applied to the shaft. Even though, one of the vanes came loose at the tail (could have been my fault) I could see the spot in the vane where the glue was not holding it. I put a dab of glue on it and I guess tomorrow we'll see how it goes.
    2012 Alien X

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    I'm interested as well; WA state doesn't allow lumenok or any other type of battery lighted accessories on either the bow or the arrows. I had thought of trying these as an alternative. Any insight you gain from your trial would be appreciated!
    that sux. im moving to lake coeur de lene idaho next may. which is near spokane. i hope idaho allows illumintated nocks. that sounds like some hippi crap to me that they wont allow them