Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5 days and counting

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Double S View Post
    I wish you the best bud!. It's gonna be over 90 degree's when i go out hunting. Glass the shaded area's really good; look for a water sources, wallow. I don't know if elk do the same thing but I've seen mule deer lined up against a dirt,sand bank sucking on the dirt to get the moisture out. Make sure you keep hydrated.
    wallows and swamps and more watter then they know what to do with ware im going,hydrated i will stay,i have 30 gallons of drinking watter plus 3 cases of watter,and more watter...lo.land thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Hey GD, don't forget your Depends, that way you won't have to use a potty.

Hutch
    i knew i forgot something.lol

Post Thanks / Like

7 hours till im out,yall have a good one,be safe,and i will talk to ya wgen i get back...happy hunting

Post Thanks / Like

Let's hope GD has a truckload of meat by now!
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Post Thanks / Like

Remember, GD, ODF says that they are up high.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Remember, GD, ODF says that they are up high.
    im back(fir now) and you are right 4x5 they are up high and i was knee deep in them. i took afew shots and long story short i hate logging durein archey season

Post Thanks / Like

Sucks that they were logging while you were hunting. Any luck? You mention slinging arrows I just hope it wasn't at the loggers.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Story please.

Post Thanks / Like

The logging in your hunt area will make your hunt easier. Loggers are constantly reporting seeing large numbers of deer and elk, because they ( the deer and elk ) are after the moss that they can't reach on a standing tree. When the trees are fallen and stacked, the cervids move in and graze. Most logging operations shut down about 4:00 pm, from then till dark are your 'golden' hours. You just have to work around the work. With them hanging around a logging site, you can drive right up on 'em in a deisel rig, as they are used to that sound. Take down a big bull!

Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 09-02-2011 at 07:01 AM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Story please.
    its on its way,i have alot of storytelling to do
    Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    The logging in your hunt area will make your hunt easier. Loggers are constantly reporting seeing large numbers of deer and elk, because they ( the deer and elk ) are after the moss that they can't reach on a standing tree. When the trees are fallen and stacked, the cervids move in and graze. Most logging operations shut down about 4:00 pm, from then till dark are your 'golden' hours. You just have to work around the work. With them hanging around a logging site, you can drive right up on 'em in a deisel rig, as they are used to that sound. Take down a big bull!

i wish it was the case for my hunt,but the elk were moveing away from all the logging.they moved about 8miles away i think.and to where i could not drive to.gates were locked and in some area they were pen but notto hunters.just loggers.

if i were to get cought driveing behind some of the open gates the staters would have taking my rig and my hunting stuff and then make me walk out.this year wasjust messed up once all the hunters seen the gates open.its a long story,i will spend he next couple days typeing it out.i am going to do some road huntin close to home and at least grab a dear.an maybe wait till the last week to get my elk.im not sure.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    its on its way,i have alot of storytelling to do
    Excellent.