Welcome back GD!!!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    its on its way,i have alot of storytelling to do

i wish it was the case for my hunt,but the elk were moveing away from all the logging.they moved about 8miles away i think.and to where i could not drive to.gates were locked and in some area they were pen but notto hunters.just loggers.

if i were to get cought driveing behind some of the open gates the staters would have taking my rig and my hunting stuff and then make me walk out.this year wasjust messed up once all the hunters seen the gates open.its a long story,i will spend he next couple days typeing it out.i am going to do some road huntin close to home and at least grab a dear.an maybe wait till the last week to get my elk.im not sure.
    Know why I ride a mountain bike now? By now, you know that 8 miles is nothing to an elk, just a stroll. Bye the way, did you notice all of the scars on the elk I showed? Any guesses as to who put 'em there? and a little test for you, what species of elk is Ole Scar?

http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Survey says..." a transplanted Tule" ???????? Whiter butt, smaller scale body and rack??????????
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back Brotha!.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cjchasman View Post
    Survey says..." a transplanted Tule" ???????? Whiter butt, smaller scale body and rack??????????
    He's a Roosevelt, note the crown at the end of his main beams. The pic is misleading, The bull is actually a youngster, but huge, at least 200 lbs heavier than the 4 others he was with. I figure that he got those scar while excapping either a bear or a mountain lion, and am leaning to the lions side as Scar has them all over, on both sides. Too bad he lives in a state park.
    " A transplanted Tule" That is actually kinda funny, pic was taken in Mendocino County,California, at Usal Beach, Mendocino county also has Tule elk, but they are over on the east side of the county, about 80 miles away from Usal. California also has Rocky Mountain elk, the only state to have 3 species of elk. I appoligize for the pic quality of these next pics, it was my first day with a new camera, but here is a Tule bull, also a youngster.

http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the welcom back every one.DOUBLE S,4X5 i hope your hunts are going better then mine.hay 4X5 that elk was throwing me for a loop.i looks like the bull i shot at last year,but it looks like a tule too.a side note i lived in tule lake for about 6 month and that has nothing to do with anything lololol.well my story will be coming twords the end of the mont..my hunt is not over till the 25th and im still getting on the elkbut not getting the shots i want to take.

but yesterday morning about 30 min befor shooting time i had a huge bull run out infront of me when i was making a bit of a stram on a gravel road.chaced him all day with no luck on a shot.as for a deer i have till the end of the year and i migh wait till there in rut.not sure yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back GD. My Muley hunt was a success. I might be having a crack at a Bull or cow elk Sept 7th to the 15th. A friend took me on a Scouting trip down a area of my county I've never been too. Apparently Some elk have been bedding on some high grass along a certain patch of railroad tracks. There's a underground water stream following the draws of the wheat fields. The Farmer's pushed the bulls while harvesting. They have been eating his hay bales before he has a chance to load them up. I thought they were pulling my chain...I was waiting for Ashton kutcher to pop out and Punk me. I've never killed a Elk but i love Elk meat. I have neighbors that hunt the Blue's area and bring me some Elk meat over. Looks like you have a longer season and you have the opportunity for another go at them. I wish you the best.
    Last edited by Double S; 09-05-2011 at 04:38 PM.